Acropora sp. help

spineshank385

I have 2 small acropora sp (brown w/ irridescent green). fraqs that a friend sold me, that are sort of extending polyps and sort of arent. What i mean is that on the base (where the coral has started to spread) the polyps are fully extended, while on the "stalk," they're not. The first night i added the corals, all polyps were open all the way.

Water quality is pretty good (8.3 ph, 78-80 deg. 1.026 sg, no nh3, no2 or no3, minimal po4, 450 to 500 ca, .8 sr, 1400 mg, 3.5 alk).

Lighting is 175w 10k xm MH, 65w actinic over a 29g tank. This particular coral is about 2/3 of the way down in the tank, in a low to moderate flow area. The only inhabitants are a strawberry pseudo, some cortez red legs, nassarius snails, and a few margarita snails. Tank has been set up for a little over a month now, with a shallow sand bed, and about 50 lbs of live rock (which was cured by the time i added the coral). Filtration is a 20g rubbermaid refugium with chaeto, and a 15g sump with a sponge mechanical filter and a corallife super skimmer (65g version). Water flow: 500 gph closed loop system with a scwd and 500 gph sump return through spray bar. Closed loop system has minimal velocity, but lots of flow. In addition, 2 minijet 404's are on opposite sides of the tank, pointing at each other.

coral placement: med to high flow, about 6-8" under waters surface.

Back