Acrylic Tank

If the tank is under 300 gallons go glass, just my 2 cents.

When you say custom do you mean odd shape ? If so it might have to be made from acrylic. I just hate how hard they are to clean an how easy they scratch.

I agree, I have been pricing glass replacements for my 1" acrylic 67g because it is so scratched and the glass is the same price as I paid for my acrylic.

Ok, following in the idea, are the LFS the best places to find/price the glass tanks, especially if you are trying to fit a specific space?

I just hate how hard they are to clean an how easy they scratch.
Hard to clean? IMO 'normal' weekly maintenance (magnet cleaner) is about the same as a glass tank...a little extra care prevents most scratches.
I agree, I have been pricing glass replacements for my 1" acrylic 67g because it is so scratched
I think it took a couple of hours to sand and buff my 20 yr old 120g tank, and it looks like new!...try that with glass!

I like starfire glass just my opinion I had a 150 gallon acrylic tank but very easily scratched compared to glass I replaced it with a glass cube and im much happier with it. And it depends on how confident you are in your abilities. Also the size you are shooting for, I would say DIY if you have the skill set if not LFS have a big mark up on tanks but all of them in town are close price wise when it comes to tanks.

Hard to clean? IMO 'normal' weekly maintenance (magnet cleaner) is about the same as a glass tank...a little extra care prevents most scratches.

I think it took a couple of hours to sand and buff my 20 yr old 120g tank, and it looks like new!...try that with glass!

If I had a 770 gallon tank I would do acrylic as well.

Everyone has there opinion and that is why I said "just me 2 cents"

You can disagree about any and every topic in this hobby but at the end of the day it is about enjoying are tanks

Ok, following in the idea, are the LFS the best places to find/price the glass tanks, especially if you are trying to fit a specific space?

Get a quote from vivid and ask for the leemar brand. Most likely the will be willing to build a custom glass tank.

If you are looking for an acrylic contact the people in Vagas (Tanked) :wavehand:

Back