Add Permeate Pump to RO Unit

Hi. I have an Air Water Ice Typhoon III Extreme with 150 gpd membrane.

I just added a permeate pump and kept the ASOV in.

I use this for drinking water as well as the tanks and have a pressure tank for drinking water.

It seems to be work correct, but I have a question if anyone has one.

One thing I noticed is that if I shut the tank valve so the system is not making water, the pressure gauge on the Typhoon for the pressure on the membrane holds the pressure (circled in image). Where before the permeate pump, the pressure would drop to zero when the ASOV shut the system off. Is this normal when adding a Permeate Pump, if not, then I may have something incorrect?

A second thing, when the pump clicks (which I understand is normal) the pressure gauge jumps a few ticks. So if it is at 56, it jumps to 60 and then back to 56. Is this normal as well?

My water pressure in is around 64psi.

I also noticed the waste water stops for a fraction of a second when the pump clicks.

I also emailed the AWI guys but figure I would post here since it is the weekend.

thanks,

Mike

EDIT: Once the tank is filled, the ASOV with Permeate pump does shut the system off and the gauge goes to zero. Maybe by shutting the valve on the tank, pump gets stuck in a cycle leaving pressure on the membrane?

Attachments

• Typhoon Pressure Guage.jpg
    Typhoon Pressure Guage.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back