Adding BTA

goldy26

I'm startlingly research on BTAs and I know that anemones will around until happy, so I was wondering if it would be beneficial to add a BTA while the tank is more on the "empty" side (as far as corals go) and then stock around it. What do people think?

Could work, but remember most reefer says a tank needs to be established for twelve months or more before adding a nem....

Working around them is not a guarantee because they may look as if have established themselves somewhere to only start moving again later. Remember that BTAs can decide to move due to different factors and sometimes for no reason at all. I have only kept 1 BTA in my life and it moved for only about a week to then keep still for the rest of its life (about a year) in the same place.

I've got lots including a clone line from a brown BTA purchased in 1998 and there is no rhyme or reason to why they split and they can decide after a year or more to walk around.

I will never do BTAs again except in a dedicated tank. I dropped one in my SPS tank around 18 months ago. 7 splits and no corals later, I tore the tank down to rid myself of them.

I know what quality is a must with any kind of anemone, but how do they react to Nitrate levels? Every other parameter has been stable over the last 2 months and I got a nitrate reactor which has cut them in half in the week it's been running.

a tank established for at least 6 months for most people unless u r experienced. bta tend not to move much unless stress or flow changes.

Back