Adding fish: need advice

Gledfordjr

Hello, I have a 190 gallon tank (78 x 24 x 24) and I’m trying to figure out what to add and when. Here are the list of fish we are interested in getting. please let me know if these are good together or not and how many of each would work. And what order should I add them to the tank

Coral Beauty Angelfish (1)

• Flame Angelfish (1)

• Clownfish (2)

• Anthias (School 6-12)

• Diamond Watchman Goby (1)

• Yellow Watchman Goby (1)

• Firefish Goby (1)

• Blonde Naso Tang (1)

• Regal Blue Tang (1)

• Sailfin Tang (1)

• Royal Gramma (2 to 3 female per one male)

• Green Chromis (1)

• Powder Blue Tang (1) add last to tank

Thanks!

Start with hardy, peaceful species like Clownfish, Royal Gramma, and Green Chromis. Then, introduce more aggressive or territorial fish like the Tangs gradually. Keep an eye on aggression levels, especially during feeding. Adding the Powder Blue Tang last can minimize aggression, allowing other fish to establish territories. Always monitor behavior closely to ensure harmony. In any cases buy pet medication without prescription to prevent some bad situations

Last edited:
Hello, I have a 190 gallon tank (78 x 24 x 24) and I’m trying to figure out what to add and when. Here are the list of fish we are interested in getting. please let me know if these are good together or not and how many of each would work. And what order should I add them to the tank

Coral Beauty Angelfish (1)

• Flame Angelfish (1)

• Clownfish (2)

• Anthias (School 6-12)

• Diamond Watchman Goby (1)

• Yellow Watchman Goby (1)

• Firefish Goby (1)

• Blonde Naso Tang (1)

• Regal Blue Tang (1)

• Sailfin Tang (1)

• Royal Gramma (2 to 3 female per one male)

• Green Chromis (1)

• Powder Blue Tang (1) add last to tank

Thanks!
I am more into the behavior of fish. your list seems great but there are a few things I would recommend that you reconsider.

I. Only 1 male Royal Gramma in your tank. Two males will kill each other, no ifs, ands or buts about it. RG change sex really fast, in order of days. If a RG is by itself for 4+ day, it will be a male. Ask you LFS order a group of RG and leave them together at the store. You just get the number of fish you like. This way, you can be sure that only the largest will be male, and only 1 male.

2. Consider 3 dwarf angles of the same species in your tank. They will form a harem, and it will be great. I have harem of angels in all of my reef tank. Flame angel harem is second to none.

3. Recommended pair of Watchman Gobies with pistol shrimp instead of two different species. Diamond goby is not a shrimp goby.

4. Recommended reconsider the tang species. Naso, Regal and Sailfin tangs will get larger than your tank can accommodate long term, IMHO.

Back