Adjusting Seaclone 100

psness

I set up the skimmer a day ago, lots of micro bubbles (which I'm not concerned about at the moment) but no foam coming into center compartment of cup. I let it go overnight and the next morning I had a cup full of slightly tinted water but no foam. Fortunately it didn't overflow. I turned the air way back. Should there be water filling the cup? Should foam be seen coming up into the center compartment of the cup when initially setting up? It came with no instructions on water level in the chamber or adjusting, just illustrations for setup. I've had to rely on the web for help.

Can you post some pics? I’ve never used a Seaclone and it’s been years since I’ve even seen one. Trying to visualize what you’re dealing with.

Best I could do.

Attachments

• IMG_20240115_165754180.jpg
    IMG_20240115_165754180.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240115_165820423.jpg
    IMG_20240115_165820423.jpg
    933 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240115_170009328.jpg
    IMG_20240115_170009328.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
I assume its not new as they dont sell these anymore (The 100 model). However, yours looks like a 75. It has a smaller body.
Clean your pump venturi. The skimmer will take some time to break in.
Start the system with no air going in. Make sure no air trapped in the U pipe (yours looks good).
Slowly turn "on" the air. Increase every 10 ~ 15 minutes, quarter turn until bubbles start.
Bubble height should be just below where the cup meets the body.
Good luck. Its a good skimmer once dialed in.
What pump came with it?

l
I assume it’s not new as they dont sell these anymore (The 100 model). However, yours looks like a 75. It has a smaller body.
Clean your pump venturi. The skimmer will take some time to break in.
Start the system with no air going in. Make sure no air trapped in the U pipe (yours looks good).
Slowly turn "on" the air. Increase every 10 ~ 15 minutes, quarter turn until bubbles start.
Bubble height should be just below where the cup meets the body.
Good luck. Its a good skimmer once dialed in.
What pump came with it?
The other old dude beat me to it😂🤣

Not mine, from another thread: Good suggestions here.
I am running the seaclown on my 30gal, it is not way over rated for your 25gal as I fell seaclown overrated there skimmer. You are going to give that skimmer atleast a week or to for it to break in. I would highly suggest taking the air adjuster valve that comes with the skimmer and throw it away, replace it with one that will be more percise to adjust. I used a air adjuster off an old penguin power head I had, the skimmer worked 100% better and I didn't have to fool with it every 10 seconds. I belive you can also go to Lowes/homedepot and find one. Here is how I set the air, 1. completly open air valve till you will notice an air pocket in the U tube that goes over the top of tank. 2. Slowly close air vale till that air pocket gets sucked down the tube and leave it alone. Thats all I do and I am prettty pleased with the results of the seaclown, I get so much dark foam that it will acctually start to rise out the vent hole in the lid of the collection cup. As far as micro bubbles, it will get better over time but I still get them in the tank just not bad enough to bother me. Also if you use anykind of gel like additives such as "stresscoat" it will send the skimmer crazy with bubbles. There are also so many different modifacations you can do to a seaclown but I found just changing that junky air valve it comes with makes a world of difference. If you would like send me a PM and I can email you a pic of the air valve I am useing, I haven't figured out how to post pics on this forum yet

The other old dude beat me to it😂🤣
Brand new. Don't know if they aren't manufactured anymore but they're still for sale. It's got whatever pump came with it new. I don't think the venturi needs cleaned since everything is clear and clean but will try tweaking the

To add, when I clean my skimmer completely by removing it from the sump, soak in vinegar to remove calcium build up, etc. it usually takes Al several days to a week to dial back in.

To add, when I clean my skimmer completely by removing it from the sump, soak in vinegar to remove calcium build up, etc. it usually takes Al several days to a week to dial back in.
Interesting. Starting to wonder though if the effort is worth it. Got it mainly to help with nitrates. I've got it bubbling up to the base of the cup. It almost seems like the pump is too strong as water is nearly overflowing the sides of the spout.

Interesting. Starting to wonder though if the effort is worth it. Got it mainly to help with nitrates. I've got it bubbling up to the base of the cup. It almost seems like the pump is too strong as water is nearly overflowing the sides of the spout.
As far as I recall, the air valve is the only adjustment for water flow. More air = less water, less air = more water, so if you are nearly overflowing, turn up the air a half turn to start and see what happens. As much as these skimmers are maligned by the masses, they can be dialed in.

I think my seaclone took almost a month......but once dialed in, they really do work.....

What pump is it....still the MJ1200?

As far as I recall, the air valve is the only adjustment for water flow. More air = less water, less air = more water, so if you are nearly overflowing, turn up the air a half turn to start and see what happens. As much as these skimmers are maligned by the masses, they can be dialed in.
Yep👍

Back