Advice Needed: RODI Filters

dwizzle28

Hello All,

I purchased a second hand BRS 6 stage RO/DI unit and looking to replace my filters since I am getting 2 TDS.

Does anybody know if these filters on amazon will yield great results?

1 Micron Sediment filters

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...2&pd_rd_w=WzW1n&pd_rd_wg=GMhwG&ref_=pd_gw_unk

1 Micron Carbon filters

https://www.amazon.com/GOLDEN-ICEPU...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

As far as the carbon resin caninsters, do I buy mixed di from brs or anion and cation?

Thank you!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 2
I can only speak to the sediment filter - yes.

Additionally, although you didn't ask, you can pick up the exact reverse osmosis membrane that they use in their units on Amazon, and I am using it myself.

Inserted to know myself if someone has used the carbon block.

Thanks for the pointer!

Can you link that membrane so we are certain which one?

Additionally, although you didn't ask, you can pick up the exact reverse osmosis membrane that they use in their units on Amazon, and I am using it myself.

You can but I highly recommend spending a few more bucks for a spectrapure RO membrane. You'll spend about 5 minutes setting up the capillary restrict or bot it will be perfect for your water pressure and membrane.

You do want mixed bead, color changing is of preference but non changing gets more out and lasts longer but you don't get an easy visual indicator when it's time to change it.

This is the one you want if you don't get the Spectrapure membrane.
https://www.amazon.com/Dow-FilmTec-BW60-1812-75-TW30-1812-75-Replacement/dp/B079VPWRBP/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=DuPont+Filmtec+BW60-1812-75&qid=1626967944&sr=8-5
I use a hybrid system of BRS/Spectrapure and it's pretty rock solid. I've never measured TDS, but I also don't let get that far. The only thing that slips through is silicates, but that's because I let the Silicabuster go too longs.
After my filmtec membranes are expired, I'm going to try the Spectrapure membranes and see if there's a difference? LA water has tons of crap, so using dual carbon blocks helps, but I'm also using a 3 stage DI.

You only want to run Cation then Anion if you have a final stage after it of mixed bed. So this would be a 7 stage filter. 3 resin containers after the membrane. That's what I run.

In your case you just want to run two mixed beds in series.

You only want to run Cation then Anion if you have a final stage after it of mixed bed. So this would be a 7 stage filter. 3 resin containers after the membrane. That's what I run.

In your case you just want to run two mixed beds in series.

Right, and I rotate mine so the last stage is fresh DI and the 2nd to last stage is my previous last stage DI.

I thought that BRS and Speatrapure filters do not mix. They are different sizes.

I use a custom 7 stage hybrid, (all of which are in BRS canisters, GE sediment >universal carbon block >uni carbon block >dual membrane >MegaMaxcap>super silicabuster >Enduro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you're Membrane is good I think you just have to replace the DI resin you can buy it in bulk from my understanding you should have about 4 ppm out of the RO and the di Resin gets you to zero

Remember to look into chloramine carbon filters something I only recently started adding to my 6 stage due to my city. Acros just slowly die off w/o it.

Back