Advice needed to flush stand against wall

FloMotion

After 6 months of tinkering, I finally have my setup where I want it. Just one final task... The stand is approximately 5 inches off the adjacent wall. I would like to build some sort of removable panels for both sides that would allow for easy access when needed. I attached a photo so you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about. Any advice and/or ideas are greatly appreciated :beer:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 0
Screw "steel" L brackets to the back of the stand and canopy. Attach magnets to a piece of wood to cover the gap and done. ;)

Could also use roller catches, there $1/each at home depot, then whatever the wood cost.

Just incase you're unsure what they look like.

Thanks crazyeyes, another solid idea! What would you guys recommend I should use to attach the L bracket or roller catches to the drywall side (most likely I won't hit a stud)? I want to make sure its secure and won't come out of the wall over time, maybe a toggle bolt?

Just regular drywall anchors, go to homedepot . com and just search EZ anchors, those will definitely hold.

I would anchor it to the stand not the wall. Eventually the drywall will fail to hold or at a minimum fail to maintain a 90 degree angle.

Could always get some of that think panel board and use the extra strong Velcro put pads on stand and board.....

Back