Advice on setting up temp 20 gallon tank

dbdisok

I have to move my aquarium out of my house to allow for termite fumigation.

Since Petco is currently having their $1 per gallon sale and I have been planning on setting up a QT tank, I buying a 20 gallon aquarium which I will house in my son's nearby home.

I'm going to use a bio wheel filter on the aquarium . I'll also have a heater and power head in the aquarium.

So my question has to due with water for the aquarium. I was thinking of using 10 or 15 gallons from my current aquarium and 5 gallons of freshly mixed saltwater. Does that sound like a good plan?

I only have three fish to worry about. I have a couple of open brain corals and some frogspawn. Would it be ok to house the coral with the fish? Or in the tote that will house my rock?

Now a second question. I plan on placing my rock into a tote with my skimmer and a heater and power head. Should I use as much of my aquarium water for the rock?

Hopefully I can get my aquarium back into my house in less than a week.

Thank you in advance for your input.

I would add some rock to the 20g for filtration since the bio filter won't be seeded, I'm assuming the bio filter is new.

If the new water matches the parameters on the old water (salinity/temp/close in alk) I'd do whatever's easier. If you have a nitrate problem now's your chance for a large water change.

Keep an eye out for ammonia and for a week you'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thank you for your advice. I had a feeling I was heading in the right direction. It's going to be a pain to do this for something that starts on a Monday and is completed by noon on Wednesday.

Back