Advice please- Razor LED Puck Replacement

phatsonate

I was fortunate to have a member from the forum donate this 300w light for my classroom tank about 4 years back, but now most of the pucks have some burnt out LEDs and they are probably too old at this point and need replaced anyhow. So I have (maybe temporarily) replaced the light with a 2x 250w MH.

Was wondering if anyone knows of a good (hopefully not too expensive) way of replacing the LED pucks for the Razor light- there are six, so this might be longshot.

Thanks for your time..

Reach out to Coralvue for this.

Support@coralvue.com

If I recall that have a repair program for these lights. $120.00 for it repaired and shipped back to you. you will just have to ship it to them for the repair after talking to the support department.

How comfortable are you with soldering? I've got several old Orphek Atlantik LED boards. Might be able to scavenge LEDs off of those for transplant.

How cheap does the fix need to be? Could you swing $150-$200?

Might be able to ask this guy for a bulk discount to buy out the 5 he has.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAXSPECT-R...-/153445206779?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Thanks- that looks like it is just one of the six I would need.

Thanks- that looks like it is just one of the six I would need.
Only one is pictured, but 5 were available. There was a qty drop down in the listing.

But if CV will bang it out for $120 + shipping that's def the way to go.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Oh, I see. Thanks for spending the time. Yeah contacted CV, and was looking through their support forum. Looks like $100 to fix out of warranty items + shipping cost, which would be pretty great if they do that for this many LED boards. We'll see.. But I did deal with them for warranty repair on a smaller Razor fixture and they were great.

Back