AEFW going around šŸ˜±

rogergolf66

im an addict lol
All sps corals purchased need to be put in qt and dipped weekly. I have purchased from many people over the bast few months. I found a coral infested with eggs and live AEFW again yesterday. I have pictures but no time to post. I have a qt tank so I have a place for treatment. Again not looking to point out where they came from but it was a very nice system. So please everyone take care of all new arrivals dip and qt all corals. No matter where u get them from.

Happy reefing!

That's why I haven't added anything in over 6 months other than Emmett

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AEFW are an SPS keepers worst nightmare. I dealt with them many years ago and it was a never ending battle. Once you discover them in your display it is almost a lost cause. I have been lucky enough(so far) with my current set up to not have them. I have not added anything in over 6 months and I can honestly say I don't think I will be adding anything else. I learned a long time ago that every time you put a new coral in your tank, you take a chance. Dipping and Quarantining definitely swing the odds in your favor, but it still can happen.

Aaron

If it was me let me know. I can't see them but that doesn't mean they aren't there.
Good luck with the qt.

No but both of yours I got from u died from the one that had the eggs. They were right next to each other. I dipped all when they can in but didn't see the eggs as I hadn't starting at yet cause I was still collecting more corals before I started qt.
It did not make it to your main system did it?

No nothing goes into the display till after 3 months of qt. this one was in holding tank waiting for qt.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

AEFW are an SPS keepers worst nightmare. I dealt with them many years ago and it was a never ending battle. Once you discover them in your display it is almost a lost cause. I have been lucky enough(so far) with my current set up to not have them. I have not added anything in over 6 months and I can honestly say I don't think I will be adding anything else. I learned a long time ago that every time you put a new coral in your tank, you take a chance. Dipping and Quarantining definitely swing the odds in your favor, but it still can happen.

Aaron

Good plan don't add anything else safer that way.

You got the plana and what else? I will give you another plana no problem. If I have the other one still you can have that too.

Ohhh the Scripps milli. Mine is growing but not able to be fragged yet but when you come down this way again I can get you a plana. Maybe I can leave it with Mike if you are going to his club meeting.

Back