After years of neglect...

Shannahan14

After years of not upgrading, repairing or doing many water changes I have decided it's time to get things back in order. So far I have replaced the pump on my skimmer, new closed loop pump, repaired the oceans motions leaks and now it's time to upgrade lighting. I have only used MH and am being forced to upgrade since both of my ballasts took a dump on me. I'm looking at upgrading to the new Radion G6. My aquarium is a 120g with a 48x24 foot print. The x30 has a coverage of 48x48 and the x15 has a coverage of 36x36. My question, with my aquarium having a center brace, (going from fron to back) am I better off going with two of the x15 or is the brace of no concern and go with a single x30?

Thanks. I have been a member here for a while but have not posted in a long time.

When I upgraded my lighting a year again, it was between Kessil and Radion G5. I went with the 360X, but either were great choices. I would say get 2 of the 15’s for the most even coverage and flexibility. Depending on what livestock you have or get, you can customize your settings. No one says both have to run exactly the same.
Your center brace could block at least some light from directly above, depending on how wide and opaque. If it’s narrow enough it’s probably ok.

Back