AI Hydra 26 HD spectrum and settings personalised help

Ry_707

Hi guys,

I am new here, so be gentle :spin1::wavehand:

I am running a Red Sea Reefer Nano (older sumped version) with a AI Hydra 26 HD. The tank is coming up to a year old and I was just after some advice on light settings. I know everybody is probably sick of people asking for settings by now but I need rather specific settings or help with settings due to my circumstances.

I have been running a pretty low level of light and slowly increasing it over the last year. I am partially sighted and sensitive to bright light so not only have I been acclimating my corals but also myself lol I know that might sound weird to a lot of people. I have kept fish most of my life, Freshwater, Tropical and Cichlid's. I had to give up on fish keeping 5 years ago due to work commitments but around 2 years ago I was diagnosed with PTSD, Social anxiety, Anxiety and Depression. So I decided to get back into the hobby and as there is a marine aquatics shop a minute walk from where I live I decided to get back into fish keeping.

I have a highly maintained tank and it is my pride and joy. But I feel the colours of my corals is a bit dull and growth is really slow.

Details

Tank size: 16 inches x 16 inches x 16 inches
Light height from water: 6 inches
(this is due to my eye conditions as I cannot look directly at the LED's. With this in mind I got the Hydra over the Prime so I would have a bit more light spread rather than for the light power like most people).

Light Settings
(see attachments)

my peak light settings:

UV: 20%
Violet: 40%
Royal Blue: 65%
Blue: 60%
Green: 10%
Red 7%
Cool White: 24%

Corals

I mainly keep softies and LPS:
Zoa's (mid to top of tank)
Acans (bottom to mid of tank)
Scolly's (bottom of tank)
Mushrooms (bottom of tank)
Cataphilia (bottom of tank)
Torch (bottom of tank)
Goniopora (Mid of tank)
Anemone (bottom of tank)

I have no SPS as I know they require a lot more light.

All corals are healthy (not dying) in this light and very slowly growing. I just know they could grow quicker and be a bit brighter.

Parameters:

NO2: 0-1
PO4: 0.10
PH:7.9-8
KH: 9.2
CA: 480
MG: 1400
NH3+NH4: 0

10% water change weekly

Tank is dosed with:
Phytoplankton (twice a week)
Coral food (twice a week)
Coral grower (once a week)
ReefRoids (twice a week)
^^^^^ These are spread out over the week, not on all on the same day.
Polyplabs Trace elements (Daily)
Polyplabs Colours (Every other day)

Answers

Ideally what light settings should I be aiming at??
How far off an ideal light spectrum is my light??
What changes do I need to make to better the light spectrum??
Is my UV, Green, Red and White a bit too low??

I do not have access to a PAR meter and really cannot afford one at the moment. I may be able to afford a Seneye Reef Monitor soon, is it worth getting one?? I know PUR is as important as PAR so I was thinking of trying to sort the spectrum out prior to getting one.

Summary

I am after genuine help not criticism (unless its constructive criticism lol). I am kind of trying to make the best of a bad situation almost because of my circumstances. Owning the tank really does help me and keeps my mind occupied and relaxed, I often send hours awake at night time just watching the nightlife until I fall asleep. I would not give it up for the world and just want to make it better.

Thanks in advance for all replies and help :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_7354.jpg
    IMG_7354.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7355.jpg
    IMG_7355.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 0
Back