AI prime settings

clearwatereefer

Ok so I got the light yesterday and spent hours playing with it. Anyway I would like to hear from other prime owners on there settings (intensity,lunar,weather) I don't want to smoke anything as I have heard of someone melting away there mushrooms due to intensity.
One question that's on my mind is in what combination and at what % should I use the UV.
My ultimate goal is to have a 14-16k look that still gives my corals the light they need..
Oh I guess stating what you have in the tank can help others determine there settings as well.

One of the modes allows you to pick a color temperature, 14k etc right now I have zoas and rocordia and I'm running a modified 15k (moved the uv up higher) at 75% on a 5g

This is what I use on mine. You might want to use half these values if your tank is shallow.

yPmFLwr.png

See your UV is high and I have mine low for now due to acclamation. I don't like the acclamation mode so I'm still adjusting here and there. I just don't want to nuke anything.

You won't have any issues running this single prime at high levels....I started at 70% on UV/dark blue/blue/violet, 25% on red/green/white at 12 hours 3 hour ramp up and down and 6 hour at peak. In 2 weeks time I was running the UV/blues/violets at 100% and red/green/whites at 50% same ramp schedule. At end of month had moved up to 100% all 12 hours for UV/blues/violets and 70% red/green/white with a 12 hour ramp up and down schedule on this channel. I felt that still wasn't enough so I added a second Prime and lowered the 2 fixtures to 8" and slowly using same beginning ramp schedule to get the two of them peaked out. I have the same tank running it BB with only SPS and shrooms (rhodactis, discosomas/yumas) and haven't had any issues with melting or fading in shrooms. Here's a crappy cell pic I snapped for reference.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 0
You won't have any issues running this single prime at high levels....I started at 70% on UV/dark blue/blue/violet, 25% on red/green/white at 12 hours 3 hour ramp up and down and 6 hour at peak. In 2 weeks time I was running the UV/blues/violets at 100% and red/green/whites at 50% same ramp schedule. At end of month had moved up to 100% all 12 hours for UV/blues/violets and 70% red/green/white with a 12 hour ramp up and down schedule on this channel. I felt that still wasn't enough so I added a second Prime and lowered the 2 fixtures to 8" and slowly using same beginning ramp schedule to get the two of them peaked out. I have the same tank running it BB with only SPS and shrooms (rhodactis, discosomas/yumas) and haven't had any issues with melting or fading in shrooms. Here's a crappy cell pic I snapped for reference.

For 400$ couldn't u have gotten a used radion?

For 400$ couldn't u have gotten a used radion?

Older model I'm sure I could have. I already had one prime and tank mount so it was cheaper to just purchase another one now that they are on sell. Thanks for reminding me though Roger ;)...I do like controlling it from my phone and the compact size though.

I think this setup is great 1the price is right,2 it performs very well, 3 controlling factor and 4 who knows what possibilities there will be through updates via wifi

Older model I'm sure I could have. I already had one prime and tank mount so it was cheaper to just purchase another one now that they are on sell. Thanks for reminding me though Roger ;)...I do like controlling it from my phone and the compact size though.

I wasn't trying to rub it in. I was curious if u were going to say u thought these were better with 2 running. But looks like u answered that :) I'm going to lighting a few 40 b tanks soon and I was thinking about using 2 of the primes on each 40b or 1 radion

Roger, I really do like these fixtures they function well but the Radion has better par. The price, size, and function of these is what makes them so attractive. They really are great lights though. For anyone doing a nano or non SPS tank they are the perfect choice..

I'm now running a AI Prime on a EVO 5 Gallon tank with Softies and LPS. What is the best settings for the light? I want to run the light on Auto Mode but I'm having trouble playing with all the LED Settings etc. I want the best color and growth for my tank. BTW I'm using the AI Tank mount arm the fixture is about 10-12 inches above the water line. Thanks

I need help please! AI Prime light.

I need help please! AI Prime light.

Hello all,

So I have a 20-gallon tank measurements are 24" length 16" depth and 12" width. The set up is 3 20 gallon power heads 75-gallon canister filter and I have an AI Prime light. I am having a problem with keeping corals alive. Fish are doing great. At first, I programmed the light using the auto feature.

Upon visiting my local aquarium store, I was told to bring the UV to 5%. CW to 30 % and everything else to 60%. I tried these settings and the corals died. I bought beginners coral (mushrooms, Kenya trees, green star polyps)

I have tried many setups for the light and it just won't work. So I thought to check everything else and I did. Water salinity is 35ppt nitrates are less the 1pp, Phosphate as well, calcium levels are 450.

I don't know anyone else who owns this light so any help would be highly appreciated it.

Thank you.

I had an Ai prime and i started out at no more than 40% and I used 5% max cw and uv very small increases. 0-10
I would start with basics out at 30 % b and rb uv-0 cw 5-10. Red&gr to whatever your color taste but dont exceed 30. Heck I would run all blue and at 30% no reason softies should die with that light setting. Could be programming it wrong too. Maybe uv goes to 100% when it runs its cycle.i mistakenly had mine coming on at 1am in error for a couple days.

I have three primes over my Red Sea e260(24” depth and lights mounted ~8”off watertop). Mixed reef, sps dominant. The primes grow sps and everything else, but the growth rate is slower, which is why I am adding 4 t5s this week.

Rtfd, I really have a hard time thinking that the problem is lights, especially with those corals. Have you had your water tested by more than one kit or more than one lfs?

Just saw what spec put. He makes a good point about the uv setting. Definitely check that.

Back