Algae ID

OrionN

Moved on
Can someone ID this algae for me?
At first glance it looks slightly like Bryopsis but not really. It does not have the fern like appearance of Bryopsis. I took picture of the algae growing in the cracks and crevice in my live rock. It is a very good food for the tangs and angels. The preferred food in fact. Any of this algae venture in the open, it will be mowed down by the fish. Rock full from refugium will disappear in a day or two in the DT. One of the picture below show the algae in the cracks of a dead (from tank crash) Red Planet. Any algae protrude up where the tangs can reach it, will be eaten. This algae grow in high flow and reasonable light area of the refugium. It is growing together with hair algae but my tangs eat both out of existence in my DT. I would love to culture these as a source of food for my tangs and angels. Here are the pictures, one in the tank and another is a close up of the algae removed from my sump and place on white paper for clear visibility. As far as I can tell, there are no runner weather it is rhizome or stolon.

TIA for any Botanist out there.

in DT
attachment.php

Removed from sump
attachment.php

Attachments

• Unknow algae1.jpg
    Unknow algae1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Unknow algae2.jpg
    Unknow algae2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 3