ALK JUMPED - CITRIC ACID?

jfbhd4

I was cleaning my skimmer out on sunday and left some citric acid in it that didnt wash out fully. My bad.
My PH dropped from 8 down to about 7.5 then rebounded in a few hours.
My Alk jumped (according to my trident) from about 8.5 (very solid for long time) to over 14!
When using my Hannah Checker, alk is around 9-9.5.
I am not noticing a ton of coral dying, but seeing 14 on alk for my trident is scary.
I turned off dosing alk and it doesnt seem to be going down over the last few days.

I have a 300 gal system.

Main question- did i blow up my tank?

I also calibrated my trident and am getting same readings
a.png

I’m not sure what to make of the jump in alkalinity. Citric acid should help lower alkalinity and ph as well. How are the corals looking?

I’m not sure what to make of the jump in alkalinity. Citric acid should help lower alkalinity and ph as well. How are the corals looking?
Corals are looking the same. I am assuming it is an issue with my trident, but i have calibrated it and still getting high readings

Corals are looking the same. I am assuming it is an issue with my trident, but i have calibrated it and still getting high readings
I have no experience with the trident but I use and trust the hanna. You need a 3rd test (like salifert) to see who's right.

Back