All my fishies

Juggler

They are all 4 years old except the tusk.
IMG_5665.jpg

I see. Well i did get the three of them around this time years ago. So i guess its like a birthday. Im just happy to have somewhat longterm success. Gonna probably pickup a volitan and zebra eel soon to finish off the stock list. Queen angel is still up in the air...

Nice fish! If I were you, I'd get a less aggressive angel, tusks are really gentle and can get picked on a lot. I had to take a pinktail trigger back to the LFS because it was harassing my tusk. There are a lot of other good choices that won't outgrow your tank.

It depends on what size queen you get. My 11" queen doesn't care about any fish unless it is close to his size. All other fish in my tank know the queen is boss and stay away. Except for my 7" Naso tang which loves to swim at the queen, the queen then will tell him to get away. It almost seems my Naso is like a little brother trying to antagonize the big brother. I have a 5" purple tang, a 5" rabbitfish and the queen could care less about them.

It really depends on what size tank you have, queen angels get very big, and they definitely need their own personal space. If you are talking about your 180 then LisaD is correct, and you should go with a smaller less aggressive angel. There are still a lot of really nice looking ones.

What other angel would you suggest? I don't think any look as good as the queen :( Plus since i am dead set on a lion, i cant get any dwarf angels. Plus i dont have much money for anything super duper nice.

I would pick a different eel myself. Zebra eels are very reclusive, they hide most of the time, hardly ever come out except to eat.

What other angel would you suggest? I don't think any look as good as the queen :( Plus since i am dead set on a lion, i cant get any dwarf angels. Plus i dont have much money for anything super duper nice.
I think one of the larger fullgrown Dwarf angel's would be fine with a lion (never done it though). A Majestic angel might work.

Ewww... Majestic. I think the queen is the only one that does it for me. And honestly, i am probably gonna get one anyways. I may not get that eel though, i dont think i like eels as much as i thought. Maybe ill just get a nice snowflake.

I'll bump up my tank thread, and update some pics this weekend.

Back