Alpha Cone 200 Pump dead

kajung2k

I have an Alpha Cone 200 and the pump just stopped. I have cleaned it up, but still does not move water. When I plug it in I hear a hum, and one time it started moving water for maybe a second, and stopped, and I just hear a constant hum.

Is there any other trouble shooting I need to do, if so what steps should I take. If not, how do I go about ordering a new pump?

Thanks -- Kevin

If I purchase the block and its not dead, can I sent it back to get my $ back?

There will be a restocking fee plus you will be responsible for the shipping costs. I'd make sure your block is the issue before ordering a new one.

Is there a way to test the impeller? What else could be wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing that I've ever seen go wrong with an impeller is if the magnet comes un[bonded from the shaft and spins on the shaft which is very rare. Based on everything you've indicated and assuming you cleaned the block properly and it still starts and immediately stops, then your block is dead. If you break the pump down and clean it properly every 4-6 months, those blocks will last MANY MANY years but the one thing that will kill them is a lack of maintenance or excess friction from calcium buildup or something getting into the pump like a snail that causes the motor to overheat from the excess friction.

So I soak it all in a vinegar bath for 10 minutes.. put it all back together.. submerged in water.. plugged it in. I hear it start for .5 a second (see water movement in bucket).. and then it stops.. and then a hear a humming noise coming from the pump, and no water movement. So by those accounts you think its the pump still?

So I soak it all in a vinegar bath for 10 minutes.. put it all back together.. submerged in water.. plugged it in. I hear it start for .5 a second (see water movement in bucket).. and then it stops.. and then a hear a humming noise coming from the pump, and no water movement. So by those accounts you think its the pump still?

Yes. That does sound like its time for a new motorblock.

Back