Anemony, how to catch?

Kirino

One of my anemony split. The smaller one, god knows for which reason, moved next to a powerhead at the base of my overflow. After a week of looking like a pancake it moved to the top of my overflow. Then after a few days it disappeared ...

20240908_084006.jpg

Guess where it ended up ...

20240908_083928.jpg

How in the world did it manage to slip through the roster/slits of the overflow ... it looks small on the picture but it actually isn´t that small. At any rate, it managed to go through the slits, through one of the pipes into my sump ...

Silly little bugger, how am I ever gona get it out.

Can you fit your arm/hand in the overflow? If so, gently use your finger to tease it’s foot off the glass and lift it out.

It actually went down the pipes all the way down into the sump. Got lucky it attacked to the heater suction cups. Guess it felt a sort of kinship :p
So I just lifted the heater out of the watet and it let loose. Just put it back in the display, near the other anenomies. Hope it doesn´t go on another journey lol. Weirdo

I don’t know how they manage to make that journey (through the overflow) but I’ve heard this same story many times.

Back