Another fish is dead

GPhiAce

I came home to day to a tank with one less fish in there. My beautiful whipfin wrasse was missing. Afew hours later, I found the culprit---- my coral banded shrimp. Not sure it he is actually the killer, but he did have the carcass in his mouth and possession is 9/10 of the law...... so he is guilty and MUST GO. Over the past couple months, I have lost a carpenter's wrasse, purple firefish and the whipfin wrasse. So my question is how to catch this guy???????????? Anyone have a trap I can borrow???????

Oh now come on Paul.......that is a tiny little tank. Just reach in and snatch him up ;) .......... or I guess you could use a cup or something...

How big was the wrasse? I'm not sure if the coral banded shrimp could actually get ahold of a decent sized fish. Those wrasses get to be a couple of inches big, right?

Certainly he could eat the fish once it had died or if it became sick.

I'd be looking for any excuse to yank that sucker out of there, if it was me.

I don't know...I'd be looking for other potential sources of trouble.

Mel- The fish wasn't showing any signs of illness, and it was sudden. Plus there have been tons of horror stories about the coral banded, so ....... I think this is going to be my que to get him out.

Kim- I am terrified of touching that thing. I think I said that at the meeting at my place. Wanna come and show me how it is done???

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14767455#post14767455 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GPhiAce
Kim- I am terrified of touching that thing.

I know.....that's why I had to give you a hard time ;). I personally would do the chase around with a cup and net method to get him out :D.

You could throw a mantis in there and then have a whole other problem on your hands... ;)

Randy, I don't know which is worse. You and Kim teaming up against me or touching that thing. I will see what I can do.

It should be really easy to catch. Every time I feed, mine will swim right up to me and then pinch the crap out of me.

He does that, escept for when I have a cup or net in there, then he just waits on the food to come to him.

Hey Paul, this may be the perfect opportunity to fish out that mandarin too...just sayin'.

I guess this has become the "pile on Paul" thread... ;)

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought it was going to be the mandarin...

I have read more than a few threads where people have not been able to catch their CBS and resorted to Interceptor... Still didn't kill the dern things... I guess after the nuclear war, there will be: Coral Banded Shrimp, Walking Horses, and Cockaroaches... ;)

No, no...I'm not trying to pick on him! I'm just trying to take care of that little mandarin.

Back