Anthia in a 75g: yes or no?

igot2gats

Deeeetroit Basketball!
I'm planning my stock list, while in the middle of building my tank.

I'm going with Occy Clown, B-G Chromis, Long Nose Hawk, Tail Spot Blenny, McCoskers Wrasse.

I'd love to have just one Anthia, but LA says a min of a 120g.

Is this sound advise, or can I have an Anthia?

Probably depends on the species, but you should be okay with a single one (smaller species). They do like good water quality, so just be sure to keep that good. My single Lyretail is perfectly fine in my 90, with it basically the same tank, just a little shorter than a 75. Just my opinion and experience.

Probably depends on the species, but you should be okay with a single one (smaller species). They do like good water quality, so just be sure to keep that good. My single Lyretail is perfectly fine in my 90, with it basically the same tank, just a little shorter than a 75. Just my opinion and experience.

What do you consider 'smaller species'?

I think that one would be fine in a 75 gallon tank. If I were going to do more than one, because of the nature of their social interaction, would prefer a longer tank. Remember, that anthias do best if fed multiple times per day.

got three dispars in a 75 for about a year doing well.
recommend leave the chromis at the store.. or just get one. thats all you'll end up with anyway.

Back