Any hope for my banded goby?

aquamanstl

I recently added a banded goby to an established 75g tank to help keep my sandbed turned over. Anyways, my 6 line wrasse will not stop terrorizing him. The goby has turned a few times and challenged him back but he usually gets chased away. I have so much rockwork in the tank that it will be virtually impossible to net the 6 line wrasse without tearing everything apart.

Any likelihood that the 6 line wrasse will eventually get used to him in the tank and leave him alone? Just wondering if others have had similar experiences with 6 lines.

Thanks,

Nick

I've heard 6-lines eventually come to be tank bullies :( Time will tell re: your goby working things out.

If you want to remove the wrasse - watch where he comes out from when you turn on the tank lights in the am
Then that night after tank lights have been off in a dark room for several hours - turn on lights & quickly remove his rock to a bucket of tank water

There's a very good chance you'll have him - You can also hold a net over his hole while you're removing the rock.
Be sure & "tumble" the rock in the bucket so his hole doen't wind up with an air pocket (though he'd probably just wiggle out)
HTH :)

Back