Any LFS have copper band butterfly fish?

Yes. He did such I great job that he was redeployed to help some one else in need :). He is in a great home. Very coral safe fish. Since I am currently qt new finish might as well get a new one. Might have a regal angel by weeks end.

I picked one from faois about a month ago. He has since destroyed the aptasia in my tank. However, he is very picky and will only eat live/frozen black worms.

My prerequisite for purchase is seeing them eat (thawed) frozen mysis in the store (I don't have experience with black worms). Each time I've broken this rule and got one that only ate live food, they were gone within a couple weeks. I believe that they're sensitive shippers.

C4DC,

Agree. They are very sensitive shippers. getting them to eat and move to other foods is time consuming. I have had success with finicky eaters by slow QT process and minimal stress.

I try to avoid harse chems. Then feed what ever they eat in LFS. I slowly add other foods to see what sticks along with their favorite. I then go a day or 2 with out feeding favorite food and feed them flakes. (Many water changes) then on the second day feed a bit of what they like and keep same progress. After I see they love flakes I then move them to DT as other in tank will cause them to eat on a frenzy.

I got my anthias off of Mysid and brine but it took 10 weeks .

I have had success with a potters angel, Copper Band, Anthias, wrasse. Many years I learned this was successful with a Morish Idol that lasted over a year on flake and pellets and mysid with selcon (once a week). Until summer tank crash while on vacation Tropical storm Floyd in New Jersey).

I just picked one up from Corals and Fins last week. As of Thursday he had 2 more, the one I picked up was eating frozen mysis before purchase, now fattening up very nicely in the QT. I only have a few aptasia here and there but as I hate these things so much I decided to attempt to get a fish that will simply not let them re-imerge in my tank. As he is already eating mysis I'm happy he wont eat himself out of an acceptable food source. If FAOIS is out, give Lee @ Coral and Fins a call.

Back