Any Rockford, IL area reefers out there?

Hey Shawn. Quick reply. I might come up the 14th. That's a Saturday. I'll give you a call that morning, unless you won't be around.
Again, I'd probably be interested in most anything. I really wish I would have bought one of those yellow leathers. I really want one now. I'd get that little devil's hand too if you still have it. They're pretty cool. I'd be interested to see what you have.

If you still wanted some of my xenias, I'd be glad to bring some. They've grown quite a bit. I've never cut anything before though. I've got a rock to put them on. Would I be ok just cutting a couple stalks and rubber-banding them to a small rock? I'm sure they'd grow on it. Whatever you'd prefer for them. I also have a very small frag of zoanthids. There's only a handfull of them on a little rock but I have multiples of them in the tank. They have red skirts, dark blue middles and white mouths, if you'd like them.
See you soon.
Scott

I should be around that morning. I just got two more types of xenia, so I probably don't need any more now. When you get here I will show you some simple ways to propigate them. Bring some polyps along and I will take a look at them. When it gets a little closer give me heads up to remind me that you will be stopping so I don't forget. Later.

I'm just north of Rockford in Janesville, WI. Nothing to trade at this time, but will in the future.

This might be of some interest to some of you. :)

The Madison Area Reef Society would like to cordially invite you to the second annual MARS frag swap. It is scheduled for Sunday, January 22nd, 2006 at the Sun Prairie Public Library (5 miles east of Madison). The swap will run from 12:30 to 4 pm. All members of reef societies and clubs are encouraged to attend.
The library is located at 1350 Linnerud Drive, Sun Prairie, WI, 53590. Here is a link to the library website:

http://www.scls.lib.wi.us/sunprairie/getacard.html

There will be no admission however a suggested donation of 5.00 (or a coral frag!) is requested to help stock and fund the library's new 120 gallon reef.

This link

www.madisonreef.com/index.php

will have updates as the date approaches.

Traders/sellers are encouraged (not required) to register by posting in the swap meet thread on the MARS site.

Hello Showald. I live in Rockford and just got into SW(FW for years). I don't have anything to trade SW, but am in the market to buy some beginner corals. I got Peacocks and Synodontis if you keep FW. Let me know if you have anything available.

I have plenty of things to get a guy started. Just let me know what you might be interested in, mushrooms, polyps, soft corals, LPS, SPS and I even have plenty of live rock if you need it. I also have lots of extra used equipment if you need anything. Like everyone in this hobby, I seem to accumulate lots of extra stuff over time. I definetly need to get rid of some of it because I know I will be buying more.

Cool. I guess I'm in the market for polyps, softies, and maybe a cool shroom or 2. Also looking for a descent hob skimmer. Shoot me a phone number if your available this weekend.I'll come by and check it out. Thanks Steven.

Hey bro, I never got a PM from you. The wife got some shrooms , I just never seen them, so I'm good on them(don't like much,so will see how they [4] do). I did get 1 piece of coral this weekend. Its zoos(100 polyps or so) and frogspawn(2 I think) on a 3"x4" LR. Very cool(could not resist for price). I love the zoos. So zoos(more colorful) or polyps, and possibly some cool softies, and also a HOB skimmer(better than my skilter) is what I'm lookin for. Let me know. I do concrete and were not stoppin this year, so weekends/nights are best for me. I can also PM you with my phone# if preffered. Hit me back.

Hey Shawn. How are the fish doing you got? Did they all make it? The six-line and the strawberry gramma were pretty stressed by the time I was acclimating them. They were very lethargic. I put them in the tank and they seemed to be alright. But than the next day, the gramma was out, lights had been on for a few hours, six line was not out. I tore the tank apart looking for him. Couldn't find it. I was mad. Put everything back together. About an hour later, to my amazement, the six line came out darting around!!! lol I was sure it didn't make it. The gramma nips and chases him. It ended up catching some ich spots. They seem to be gone off him for now but his tail is a little beat up. I've been using triple doses of reef vital DNA which is suppose to prevent the things from sticking to the fish. Both of them are eating and doing well. I'm relieved for now. I was just wondering how yours did.
Got a couple bottles of that B-ionic. I really like the stuff. Talk to you later.
Scott

Everything I got is doing great. The two I was worried most about were the blond naso and the powder brown tangs. The powder brown started to eat flakes the next day and I finally found a plant the naso will eat last night. Andy had a type of algea that I didn't and he brought some to me to try. The naso seems to like it, now if I can only find something else that he will eat. Wait to you see the goby in my tank, awesome!!!! He has some incredible color that I didn't expect. Let me know how everything turns out and you will have to come see the new additions some time. Later, Shawn.

Hey Shawn. Would have responded earlier but our computer isn't at our house right now. They're both doing great now. The gramma rips frozen foods out of the water column like a little dinosaur and the wrasse is doing much better. The spots haven't come back, his tail is in much better shape and he has a great appetite. The wrasse eats pretty much anything I throw in. The grama doesn't bother him as much anymore either.

Glad your fish are doing great. I bought a really awesome toadstool leather from the pet shop. I was hoping they'd have what I was looking for and I got there and both big tanks were full of them. All aqua-cultured. Neon green polyps exactly the same color as the GSPs.

Did you ever find out if you could get some Current, PCs? I want a 10,000 K day light and a dual 420/460 actinic, straight pin 96 watt configs from those guys. In that fish place, they only carry the square pin ones which are 30 to 35 a piece. The pet shop in the Quad Cities would order a couple for me but they want 65 bucks a piece for them! What gives? Shipping isn't that much. I'm looking for a phosban reactor too, like the one you have. I have a new cell # by the way. I'll have to give you a call.
Take it easy. Later.
Scott

I should be able to get the stuff for you, I will check into it tonight. I had one hell of a disaster yesterday. A snail plugged up a return line to my sump and overflowed my tank in the basement. This happened while I was at work and it drained my sump totally. Well needless to say, all the corals I had growing in my sump are now dead. The halides cooked them all without any water. I had never seen black leathers before. The shrooms all looked like those melting clock pictures. The LPS are all gone also. I wanted to cry when I noticed it. I am guessing that little snail cost at least a grand. I have got to go have a pitty party for myself now. Give me a call later, Shawn.

Oh man!. I'm sorry to hear of this disaster. That is a real shame. I know they're not as much but did the plants make it? The fish? Did it do anything to the tank upstairs? I guess I don't understand how that sump could completely empty without the tank upstairs going empty. You going to make any changes to it (screens) to avoid that happening again? I"m almost afraid to ask but do you think one of your new snails was the culprit? The last I saw, you had a ton of snails. Mine haven't done anywhere near that kind of damage but I dont really care for mine that much anymore either. Especially the Turbos. The da*n things crawl up out of the water and squirt water out of the tank on the floor. I had my dad make one of those hangar things like you got on your tank for growing frags on and they just keep knocking them off to eat the algae that the magnet won't get.
Well, I'm sorry again for your loss and I hope some things made it (some silver lining) out of it. Talk to you later.
Scott

Back