Anyone decided on a June Meeting?

Does anyone know if they will be bringing any corals to sell? I am wanting to add a few to my tank, if anyone has any frags they might be getting rid of! I'm not looking for anything expensive just mainly softies right now! PM me if anyone is, so I'll know!

thanx,

Jay

Going back to the marine grass, I've got this really great hearty coastal grass you're welcome to. It seems to be the hardiest thing I've ever had in my tank. I'd gladly give you some as I know it will prosper in a mud hole. It's called Briopsis. :) Just kidding, but if anyone's got any suggestions on getting rid of this stuff let me know I've been working on this stuff for quite some time. Thanks in advance for any advice ad I hope to be able to attend the meeting as well, but I'll have to make sure I can get away for a while that day. I'd love to see your setup in person as the pictures never do it justice (and they are incrediable).

The dark colored lettuce slugs do eat bryopsis. I was skeptical about it because the common greenish-white ones never ate any for me in the past. However, Jerry at Fish Tails/The Living Reef showed me a few of those and they indeed were eating bryopsis. I recall him saying one type is Atlantic/Caribbean and the others are Pacific and only one type seems to eat bryopsis. I think he said that his was Caribbean type, but I may be confused. I suggest you call him and ask about them.

My Mexican Turbo actually ended up eating a small patch of bryopsis in my 15 gallon nano tank when it run out all other food. There were also a small amount of them growing in my 120 and my Foxface rabbitfish ate those when it run out of all other food. Now that the algae are gone, the Foxface learned to eat other food :) Slugs on the other hand tend to starve to death when the food gets scarce (or they may get sucked in by a powerhead), then the algae come back again. Slugs don't seem to be great hunters. When I had a few blue velvet slugs that eat photosynthetic flatworms, the same type of thing happened.

Tomoko

I would like to thank everyone for coming to the meeting yesterday. And all the food was so good! My kids and husband say Thank You! Thank You! We ate the leftovers this morning for Father's day!! Ha, ha. I hope I did not bore you too much with all the plumbing.

Poor Danfish and Mrs. Danfish. They will never be free of us again. Thank you Andyjd and MaryB and Mr. MaryB for making the long trips up here. I am really glad that y'all came.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone again in July.

Oh, yes Bob was it you and V. that left the Coke and cole slaw? If so Thank you much!

Back