Anyone else notice a natural rise & decline in their tank?

Do you find the Hanna meters accurate? Asking for a friend who loves gadgets 😉
I only use the phosphate and alkalinity checkers from Hanna, but they seem very consistent, only use 1 reagent, and do the reading for you - so no silly colour matching with a card that never looks quite right. I think the phosphate reagent packet could use a revamp but otherwise I am happy with them. There's really no better manual test for ease, accuracy and speed for alkalinity testing than a Hanna IMO.

I only use the phosphate and alkalinity checkers from Hanna, but they seem very consistent, only use 1 reagent, and do the reading for you - so no silly colour matching with a card that never looks quite right. I think the phosphate reagent packet could use a revamp but otherwise I am happy with them. There's really no better manual test for ease, accuracy and speed for alkalinity testing than a Hanna IMO.
What about Nitrate?

What about Nitrate?
I use Salifert for Nitrate. Everyone complained about the original Hanna low range nitrate checker because it was a multistep process. The newer high range nitrate checker is back down to one reagent so I might consider it. However it's still 2 minutes of shaking the sample plus 7 minute timer. I can definitely do a Salifert test quicker than that and knowing nitrate to the decimal place isn't that important. I think I just talked myself back out of trying it, lol.

Back