Anyone have any experiance with this tank?

ijneb

AlohaTiki350w.jpg

I'm trying to find the specs and such on it. anyone have one or any experiance with the company?

http://www.oceantreasurescollection.com/alohatiki.htm

do they look as good as the picture does or is it just a marketing thing.

I was thinking about setting it up as FW at first.
Do they say how many gallons it is? I tried searching but Im not a paying member.

no ,but im goin there today to get some RO so i will get specs 4 u.They do look nice there r like 6 different styles becides the totum pole 1 your lookin at.

My 2 cents worth. *s*

My knowledge of such type tanks is that the problem with them is that the surface area on top is insufficient to the depth of the tank.

Oxygen exchange occurs at the surface level in the ripples.
The bigger the surface area, the better exchange.

I have never actually had one, but that's what I am told. Both by people with experience, and people who sell them, but actually care about selling you something that will be successful.

Maybe FW is okay, but surely not SW.

Thanks for the imput guys. I havent have a tank for awhile and that tiki tank would really go well with the decor.

I'd like a low maintence FW tank with just a few tetra's or something simple.
Expedition- how do they look like junk? I'm going to try and find one local to see how its built.

They just look "cheesy" with the plastic reef set up inside.Junk was probably the wrong word.O & the Tiki 1 is not 4 saltwater.

its removable.. but there is a clear pipe inside which holds up the light...IMO it would be great for a nano reef tank if you just took out the plastic reef....and modded the filtration and lighting
they aslo have a plastic tree version (for FW) but i havnt seen it in person.....

i was thinking it would be a nice quarenteen tank that i could plop on my desk you look nice to a non reefer but be realy easy for houseing new small fish like chromises and false clowns

theres barely any swimming room w/ the fake reef....and it looks pretty crappy.. the pics look alot better then wat the coral actually looks like in person

Does'nt look very wide. Fish don't swim up and down.

I'd say maybe for some small freshwater fish.

kass

Those things are EXPENSIVE..

For 425 bux, I dont think I would be willing to pay $425 for anything that comes with a 10watt lightbulb as its lighting source.

Limited surface area, small tank, fake corals, only a factory filter system. To me, it would never be worth it. I would be a hex system, and work on making it as nice as possible on my own before wasting the money on this thing. Granted they look really nice, minus the fake coral that is.

$425!!!! well heck... a little while back i asked Socal Creations how much it would cost for a custom 15" diameter circle tank that was 15" high and the price was $500..
IMO for that price you might as well go custom..JMO though

Back