anyone have sponge issues?

This is my second display tank and I get these growing all over my live rocks . I don't consider myself a meticulous tank owner.Apart from my water changes and feedings, my tank takes care of itself. I've been trying to look it up and so far I think it's a type of Clathrina. Any input is welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_4239.jpg
    IMG_4239.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4238.jpg
    IMG_4238.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4236.jpg
    IMG_4236.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 0
I have pineapple sponges showing up everywhere! do these go away with time? they look kind of weird.

I had an overwhelming amount of pineapple sponge in my previous 30 gal tank. Funny thing is I transferred all my fish, coral and LR to my new 80 gal DT and have no pineapple sponges whatsoever.

It is truly an insidious little sponge, sends out runners which cause polyps to retract, then it attaches and grows a new sponge, which then sends out little runners and the process starts all over.

I have the same thing going on in my tank. Did you ever ID the sponge? Seems to stay under the rock work so far but tendrils are waving.

I have the same thing going on in my tank. Did you ever ID the sponge? Seems to stay under the rock work so far but tendrils are waving.

No firm identification, but it is fairly easy to deal with. It peels off easily or use a tooth brush or peroxide (out of the tank) to remove the rest.

Back