anyone in S. Bay need a few cups of livesand?

cyclgrl

I just pulled out about 2-3 cups of live sand from my tank--got some extra now that I have the Tunzes running full strength.

Let me know as soon as possible--else I need to figure out something else to do with it.

hey cindy,
how do you have your 3 tunzes places in your tank? If you have a picture, that would be even better.
I'm trying to figure out the best places to place mine.

I can't run them full blast--tried it and it tore the flesh off of some of my milles.

It's still a work in progress--right now, I have them such that the sand doesn't blow all around, but not sure the placement is ideal. I'll try to get a photo, but just to give you a reference, I have one in the back right corner, one in the front right corner--both of those are close to the surface and directed towards the center of the tank--and then the last one is on the left hand side, almost half way down directed straight across the tank.

Ok have about the same amount of live sand again, anyone need some? Ideally, I'd like to have this out of my tank sooner rather than later.

Someone PMed me last time, but forgot who--remind me if it's you!

was that me?

was that me?

Hi, I don't know if that was me. I would love some -- I would just have to figure out when I can get to Santa Clara. (I know, from Campbell, but with 2 small kids, it is always tough!)

Chris

Hi Cindy, I'll take some when you are ready to get rid of some more!

I use the (massively bulky) Seio 620 pumps and have them both near the top of my tank as well. The bummer of putting them near the front is that they are, well, really bulky! But you gotta love that nice gentle flow!

V

PS. Those caps I bought from you are doing great, I brought some to the frag swap (in yogurt cups)! Though one of them is being harassed by an RBTA.

Hi Chris--yes, it was you. Sorry about that! I ended up giving this last batch away to a friend, but I will get you some--probably when I do another round in the next month.

Vince--glad to hear caps are doing well. I'll keep you in mind for sand too.

Back