Anyone quit 2 part and started All For Reef?

JChitmon

I currently dose Reef Zlements 2 Part PH Plus, Aminos and Vita Plus. This is their version of a 4 part total nutrition. I dose Kalk at night to help with PH levels.

I am thinking of switching from my 4 part system to just all for reef as I am just not seeing the need for the PH Boost any longer as I ran my skimmer intake outside.

But I have to wonder if (besides aminos that can be done manually) there is anything I am missing when switching over. I know of course All for Reef has no influence on PH levels, but as far as trace elements will it cover everything? So much is available online with mixed reviews.

When I do my ICP test it always shows missing elements.

I don't know if its easier to just dose for ALK and Calcium and them just do an A Elements and K Elements dosing.

Tank is only a red sea 170 but its all SPS.

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    87.1 KB · Views: 2
I just switched from kalk to AFR about a month ago and so far so good. One thing is I use way less AFR. I've gone from 460ml of kalk per day to 20ml of AFR on a 50 frag tank (mostly LPS) and my alk/calcium are maintaining. I haven't noticed any change in PH but I also wasn't adding the kalk for that reason.

Back