Anyone try that thin superglue sand mix for rock scape?

Smite

I ordered a couple large bottles of glue masters thin super glue that I plan to mix with reef sand to build my next rock scape.

I’ve seen a few videos online but am curious if anyone has given this a go yet? If so any tips are welcome. Or better yet pictures.

I’ve read it’s an extremely fast drying and strong bond.

I've aquascapped with the technique using standard superglue. It sets within seconds. Just layer the glue and sand to create a STRONG bond. Imagine an upside-down "U" shape about 16"x16"x16" The 30lbs of rock is supported at 2 points of approximately 3" in diameter. No issues at all. I'll try to upload a pic soon.

I used some last week!
It works wonders!!
And is very easy to layer and cake to get your desired look
Would recommend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey Matt....everyone i know that has glued rocks together recently seems to swear by bsi glue accelerator. I am gonna be trying it here in the next month on my new scape for my new system. They say it bonds super quick and super strong.

hey Matt....everyone i know that has glued rocks together recently seems to swear by bsi glue accelerator. I am gonna be trying it here in the next month on my new scape for my new system. They say it bonds super quick and super strong.

Not everyone you know.... And I too glue rocks together :celeb1:

Wait... Another new tank???!!!

Not everyone you know.... And I too glue rocks together :celeb1:

Wait... Another new tank???!!!

I knew that both those statements would come back to bite me in the rear. Lol.

Ok, so SOME of my friends that recently glued rocks together swear by bsi glue accelerator. That does not include my friend Tri..

Now, about the new system...oh wait, my boss is calling me on the other line...gotta go :uhoh3:

I've aquascapped with the technique using standard superglue. It sets within seconds. Just layer the glue and sand to create a STRONG bond. Imagine an upside-down "U" shape about 16"x16"x16" The 30lbs of rock is supported at 2 points of approximately 3" in diameter. No issues at all. I'll try to upload a pic soon.

That's great to hear, if you get a chance it'd be cool to see

I used some last week!
It works wonders!!
And is very easy to layer and cake to get your desired look
Would recommend!

Nice that was the latest video I found that really appealed to me. The first shot seems like just to get the rock in the position you want. From there you can build up the joint which is awesome.

b653d3bade4b2fd3cd3599f8b6f94cfb.jpg

6f731334a6c107317d1925e84fde3a2e.jpg

462aa5624d3e2699beeadbf00f935a72.jpg

Sorry for the rough photos and algae )
These are some of the scapes that I have used it on and it has been great and held up, if your wondering that if it would hold up your saltwater rocks I superglued 2 concrete bricks with just a thin layer of this mixture, and fast doesn't even do it justice! Just don't get it on your skin cuz that stuff burns like crazy!
Don't do as me and wear gloves!
Let me know if you need some sand Jesse as I still have half a bag and some super glue if you want to try and get ahead in your new build!

I'll check that out. The videos I saw were specific to the "glue master" thin brand. I didn't see them using any accelerator and it bonded quick. I'll check that out if I struggle with this ones set time.

What size is the new system? I just put my order in with CDA and want to get the scape done and curing while I wait.

b653d3bade4b2fd3cd3599f8b6f94cfb.jpg

6f731334a6c107317d1925e84fde3a2e.jpg

462aa5624d3e2699beeadbf00f935a72.jpg

Sorry for the rough photos and algae )
These are some of the scapes that I have used it on and it has been great and held up, if your wondering that if it would hold up your saltwater rocks I superglued 2 concrete bricks with just a thin layer of this mixture, and fast doesn't even do it justice! Just don't get it on your skin cuz that stuff burns like crazy!
Don't do as me and wear gloves!
Let me know if you need some sand Jesse as I still have half a bag and some super glue if you want to try and get ahead in your new build!

That looks awesome. My father-in-law was just asking me if it will work with dragon rock. I assumed so but it's good to see it will, those rock look like similar textures. He is building a FW planted system with the dragon rock

I ran out of dragon Rock so I used old reef rock but Lowe's has a crazy sale going on with free delivery if he's interested for dragon stone! (1.20$ a pound)around there
I use that same thin superglue but you got to order it straight from the glue company as Amazon only sells the small variety and the sand only store around me in la that sold it was vivid aquariums, it worked great for me!

I ran out of dragon Rock so I used old reef rock but Lowe's has a crazy sale going on with free delivery if he's interested for dragon stone! (1.20$ a pound)around there
I use that same thin superglue but you got to order it straight from the glue company as Amazon only sells the small variety and the sand only store around me in la that sold it was vivid aquariums, it worked great for me!

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

So the sand you used, was it more sugar/small grain?

Anyone try that thin superglue sand mix for rock scape?

It was the sand they recommended
Marco rock Bahama aragonite!
And it's a variety of different sand sizes mixed in

Back