Anyone try that thin superglue sand mix for rock scape?

What type of tank style are you going for?
Any star livestock you want to focus around?
(Super thin glue worked well btw)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey who wants to talk about glue anyways.....so how bigs the build? :)

Well, see, what had happened was.....:facepalm:

My friends talked me into an 8 foot frag tank with 8 foot sump attached to another 3 foot tank and 4 foot cryptic zone....and by friends, i mean the 2 reefing "angels" on each shoulder...:lolspin:

Well, see, what had happened was.....:facepalm:

My friends talked me into an 8 foot frag tank with 8 foot sump attached to another 3 foot tank and 4 foot cryptic zone....and by friends, i mean the 2 reefing "angels" on each shoulder...:lolspin:

Niiice! So the cryptic area is going to be for sponges and NPS? That'd be pretty cool

Smilet98 Im an acropora nut. But on this tank I'll be adding a little more volume and height so I can keep flow high but also have sand. I miss my sand dwelling wrasses on my current BB. I also want to try either a gig or haddoni carpet anemone with some pink skunk clowns. I'll be leaving the left/front of the tank open so I can really let it grow to a decent size.
Im going to go with more rock than I usually do in the display but I want at least one nice overhang and to elevate the whole scape above the sand for flow. The tank will be in a corner next to my couch. The dimensions will be 50x38x25.

Sounds well thought out!
Let's just hope that nem has the same thought process as you and doesn't take off wandering!!
Start low to leave yourself room for that Acro to grow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niiice! So the cryptic area is going to be for sponges and NPS? That'd be pretty cool

Smilet98 Im an acropora nut. But on this tank I'll be adding a little more volume and height so I can keep flow high but also have sand. I miss my sand dwelling wrasses on my current BB. I also want to try either a gig or haddoni carpet anemone with some pink skunk clowns. I'll be leaving the left/front of the tank open so I can really let it grow to a decent size.
Im going to go with more rock than I usually do in the display but I want at least one nice overhang and to elevate the whole scape above the sand for flow. The tank will be in a corner next to my couch. The dimensions will be 50x38x25.

Yessir...all dark for sponges and critters to do their thing since my rockscape in both dt's will be the minimalist style.

50x38x25? In the words of kenny "daaaaam those dimensions are gonna be off the chain" :thumbsup:

Hahahahahaha. Still laughing when you told me that after adding the 65627663 tank in your living room. How’s the powder blue?

Matt. I have brand new emarco 400 if you need it.

I didnt get a chance to go bro-ken...AGE closes at 6pm so by the time i get out of work, even if i go BONZAI!!!! I cant make it from pasadena in time. Lol

Thanks for the reminder kenny....hey Matt i have some Nyos reef cement if you wanna give that a try....compliments of the broski [MENTION=271088]ericta000[/MENTION]

Very generous of you guys. I've used both and they work great, nyos sets really quick and strong. My supplies show up thursday so I'll update once I give them a go and see how they compare to one another.

Hey hey hey!
This is a glue forum!
If you want to try out the super thin glue and some sand you initially asked for lmk!

Niiice! So the cryptic area is going to be for sponges and NPS? That’d be pretty cool

Smilet98 Im an acropora nut. But on this tank I’ll be adding a little more volume and height so I can keep flow high but also have sand. I miss my sand dwelling wrasses on my current BB. I also want to try either a gig or haddoni carpet anemone with some pink skunk clowns. I’ll be leaving the left/front of the tank open so I can really let it grow to a decent size.

Make sure you get the pink skunks from Fiji! so much nicer than the regular pink skunks! Also, go for the gig over the haddoni--natural host :)

Hey, Jesse, the new tank rumors are true!

Dang Matt! Stop derailing Jesse's new build thread with questions about sand and glue! Geez! [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Make sure you get the pink skunks from Fiji! so much nicer than the regular pink skunks! Also, go for the gig over the haddoni--natural host :)

Hey, Jesse, the new tank rumors are true!
Good looking out! I was planning on ORA but haven't seen them in person. I'm reallly hoping for a blue gig. From reading around it seems like they are a little less likely to nab fish in the display too!

Dang Matt! Stop derailing Jesse's new build thread with questions about sand and glue! Geez! [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"green box" reps given for keeping thread on topic

I know, I know but I can't help myself! :headwally:

Back