Anyone using T5 Grow Lights for Reef

dannyfish

I'm shopping and noticed these grow light fixtures used for plants and figured that they should work like the ATI T5 units. Both units use 24watts per bulb. Significant price difference between the two. Anyone using grow lights and perhaps replaced bulbs that are more adequate for corals? Feel free to share your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lots of people do i have a 6 bulb HO vivagrow fixture - works great - just put ati bulbs and some led strips and let a rip -

Reefdeep

What dimensions is your light fixture? I'm looking for a 12"x36" 6bulb light fixture. Not sure if they have 6 bulbs crammed into 12" in width.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a 24" Agro Brite fixture from Amazon. It was very well made with individual aluminum reflectors. I'd put the part just under an ATI. Grew corals great. They make an 8 bulb model. I used ATI bulbs.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I have a 48" Hydro Planet for 4 bulb, 2 on/off buttons, 1st button controls middle 2 bulbs, and 2nd controls outer 2 bulbs. It is slim compaired to others. I modded unit by adding a fan to center. It's been going for 2 yrs without problem.

Back