Anyone using the JBwave for Jebao pumps?

IrishTang

Wondering if anyone out there is using the JB Wave to control Jebaos? I like the option to control from cell phone as well. I have a reefkeeper but would need to purchase a couple other mods to bridge to Jebao. I currently have 2 WP-25's in my 90 gallon and it is like a hurricane blowing. I can usually find a nice medium using a wave option but after cleaning them recently with vinegar I have kept one off completely. Any input would be great.

Dang, your postman must be faster than mine, as mine isn't here yet!

Just downloaded the app, and I'm ready to rock once that box shows up on my front porch!

Alright! I was surprised there weren't more people using these. I got the Bluetooth compatible model and controlling pumps from phone is cool. I did have a wp25 cap out after a few weeks on the jb but can't say if the jb was the cause. What pumps are you guys running on it?

On running an RW15 and a WP40, min speed is 20%, max speed is 100% with 2 sec ramp and 10 sec cycle

That's interesting Sonic the JB wave Facebook page stated that their WP40's stalled out at any setting under 30%. That was from Joe, the manufacturer. They usually stalled after a short period so if yours is still running you should be good.

Mine arrived yesterday as well, and was up and running in no time at all. Install is plug and play, but I did learn one thing (that's front and center in the manual, but hey, who reads those?) If you are only using one pump, you have to plug it into the far right set of plugs on the JBWave when looking at it from the front. The second pump then goes in the left set of plugs. I thought I had one dead channel, but a quick email to Joe set me straight.

The programming is easier than I thought it would be, and the flexibility is great. I'm looking forward to getting my second RW-4 plugged in soon!

That's interesting Sonic the JB wave Facebook page stated that their WP40's stalled out at any setting under 30%. That was from Joe, the manufacturer. They usually stalled after a short period so if yours is still running you should be good.

Yes I ran all day and night until this morning at 20%min 100% max, then wanted more flow and bumped up the minimum to 30%, I never stayed watching it to see if it stalled...

Honestly, I can't remember. I tried a bunch yesterday, but with only one pump, you don't get the effect the program is designed for.

I'm in the middle of a tank upgrade, using one RW-4 in this 29g, but will be using two in my new 56g that is still curing.

I'm happy I found this post. I didn't know this existed. I ordered the Android version yesterday and I can't wait to set it up. Thanks again guys for sharing.

OK i got mine in today and cannot figure out how to program anything. Main menu is pulled up and i have read through the 23 page instructions but every time i enter a menu # it just relist the main menu. Anyone have any further info?

OK i got mine in today and cannot figure out how to program anything. Main menu is pulled up and i have read through the 23 page instructions but every time i enter a menu # it just relist the main menu. Anyone have any further info?
I'm guessing you connected to it first. Right?

Here are a few screenshots of mine from the android app.
The steps are:
  • Hit the icon in the bottom right corner and hit connect.
  • Type the letter "Q" and got enter
  • Type the menu number you want to change and hit enter
  • Fill in the value and you are done.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-31-10-22-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-31-10-22-13.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1433082686552.jpg
    1433082686552.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2015-05-31-10-22-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-31-10-22-32.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2015-05-31-10-22-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-31-10-22-51.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 0
Sorry just seen your replies. My problem was with some of the auto text and key swiping functions on my phone. Once turned all of it off for regular keyboard it worked great

I got to beta test the apple version, and it's super simple and allows me to have real back and forth wave maker control. The Jebao controllers work ok alone, but they don't sync up worth beans. Remembering to type in Q is the key!

Yes i really like the jb wave. So many more flow options. It was putting an automatic space behind all my text so the menu would just reappear after every entry because it was invalid. Found out you had to turn those features off from either the instructions or website. Don't remember.

Very happy with the wave so far

Back