anything left of nora?

Neogenocide

Is there anything really left of NORA? I thought it was disbanded a while ago, but does any one person have rights to it? Or is it just dead in the water. Anyone know?

I wish there was. I just moved from NE Ohio to NW ohio and it would be great to have a more vibrant community here. I still watch the NE Ohio Reef keepers board since it has a lot of activity on the selling side. I have been investigating the SE Michigan groups, but it's a little far to drive to participate. When I moved to town I toured a few of local shops and did some asking around about group activities, and there seems to be nothing.
I will say I really like the guy that runs The Coral Reef down in Perrysburg. Great looking livestock and very knowledgable.

I would be interested in participating in some sort of group. The C-Sea group used to meet at the Cleveland Zoo. Don't know if that would work with the Toledo Zoo since they are renovating their aquarium currently.

You have the TRAC club in Toledo, however they aren't very active and the club is dwindling. I've been trying to rekindle NORA, but work has kept me a little busy to get the new forum launched.. I'll then be working with one of the local shops around Findlay and try to get a actual club back up and running as well. It's going to take a little time though.

There is going to be a new shop opening in Findlay "Changing Tide Aquatics" in a month or so, and there is another nice one in Columbis Grove "AquaCulture Ground". Both can be found on facebook.

-Scott

I'm about 60 miles from findlay but I have been looking for some new shops to visit and some locals to get frags from. I found Changing Tide Aquatics on facebook but not Aquaculture ground. Are there any good shops in Toledo? All the places in Columbus can be high priced.

Billy

Toledo has Triliby's, watch what you buy from there, and Coral Reef. The address on their site is wrong though as they moved a while back. If you take 475 north, get off at the airport highway exit.......turn right, go to the light. The are in the little set of shops northeast of the light.

There is another in Perrysburg, but I don't like how I was treated in that place and won't go back.

On another note, we are rekindling NORA and have a barebone forum up. A club will hopefully soon follow.

My last few purchases have been from Coral Reef. The staff is very helpful, although their prices are a little high if you're not just buying frags. Their quality is quite good though, and all the livestock I have brought home has done wonderfully. I live around the corner from Trilby's and have been in there 2 times in the last 9 months and have never bought anything from them, and their SW tanks look terrible. If you are in to FW they have an awesome selection, and looks like the bulk of their business. I was spoiled by a shop in Vermillion called the Salty Critter where I bought all of my stuff. My piece of ocean is pretty small, but my wife is pushing me to go larger due to the relative success of my current set up. I moved 5 tanks to NW Ohio (1 full, 4 empty) all under the 50G mark. My issue tends to be more resources than time. I would love to participate in a local group if there was interest.

I just pulled this off the NORA message board at norareef.org

Yes here in a month a few of us already know and hope a ton more find out, a local fish supplier in findlay ohio will be opening soon! known as Changing Tide Aquatics, located on 311 east foulk ave. Findlay Ohio 45840. We are able to take dry good orders, we accept all major credit cards and personal checks under $50 are always welcome!. We are an official ORA dealer, Bulk Reef Supply and National Aquarium Wholesale Supply, livestock supplied by Seadwelling Creatuers, Seagrest Farms, and A&M aquatics, Innovative-Marine, Deepwater Aquatics, So visit us on www.facebook.com/changingtideaquatics
or www.changingtideaquatics.com to learn some more about our company! Hope to see you all very soon.

Looks like a new start-up, but could be promising.

You should be bale to google Northwest Ohio Reef Association.....however a PM is inbound. And yes changing tide aquatics is open, Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun. They have a nice thing going......I'm hoping the can continue with it and only build it better. They can be found on Facebook and by google as well.

Back