Apex 12V power adapter

Webmanny

Hey guys,

The short version:
What are the amps on the 12Vdc power supply Apex uses? I have a bunch at home with the same plug, but want to make sure I use something close in Amps.

The long version:
I'm looking to add the 12V dc power adapter to my Apex module and hook it up to a UPS battery to keep it from losing connection every time there is a bump or loss in power. For some reason I have had a few events of the power flickering at the house and this causes Apex fusion to permanently lose connectivity until I unplug the USB cable and plug it back in.

To solve this, I want to add a small UPS to run just the control module so I can still connect after the fact and it can read when power goes out and send me email notifications.

I already run a battery for the router , the cable box, etc. I just want to add this to the battery, but I don't want to add the EB8 bar for now. I don't really care if the tank loses power for a bit, but I would like to get a notification so I can keep an eye on things and also be able to access Fusion once power is restored.

My question is the same as above. What is the amperage on the Apex power supply?

Mind say 0.7A. Anything over that is fine ,it'll convert it to its spec.Even 24v works too,It only takes in what is needed.

Sweet. Thank you for the fast response. I have a couple that run at 1amp. I just didn't want to use one that was too much larger than required. Mostly because it would be a waste to have it dedicated to this when it is not needed.

Thanks again.

yeah. I wasn't going to try that. I actually decided to order the "official" Apex adapter and avoid running into problems.

Thank you all for your help.

Back