Apex Won't Reconnect To Wireless Network

Kengar

As alluded to in previous post, I want to reset my Apex system (bought beginning of this year, so latest and greatest).

I held in the reset button on the head unit for something like six or seven seconds, till things flashed several times. When powering the unit back up after having unplugged it, the status indicator on head unit is blue. Per Setup instructions, this indicates that it is ready for wifi configuration.

I can see and select the Apex setup network from my list of available networks, and when I select that, the screen listing nearby networks (including the home network) comes up. So clearly the Apex is making itself visible to the router and communication SOMETHING with it. However, when I select the home network and get the screen to put in the password, when I hit connect, crickets. Nothing. Nada. Per setup instructions, the Apex system is supposed to reboot, and I am supposed to see a window on computer indicating that things are processing, but I get nothing.

HELP!

Per Russ in reply on the Neptune Community forum:

You have encountered an issue in the latest AOS update; this issue has been fixed and the fix will be included in an AOS update which is on the verge of being released. In the meantime, you will temporarily need to connect the Apex using a network cable. You can keep it connected via an Ethernet cable until the new AOS is available, or after connecting the cable, you can access APEX and reconfigure Wi-Fi using the Network setup page in APEX Local. The Apex will reboot when you apply the new Wi-Fi configuration; As soon that reboot starts, disconnect the cable and you should be back up and running on Wi-Fi​

As I discovered and wrote back:

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, when I was at the page where I can select from available networks, out of curiosity I selected the option that says something about lock connection method. (Not sure what the exact message was because it's now gone!) Lo and behold, that brought up a page where I could access the Apex and give it configuration information. So I manually put in the name of the wireless network, along with the network password, and VOILA! Back in! And what is nice, too, is that I actually didn't even wipe out the programming (so my other question on RC about how to reload a backup file is moot).

Ken​

Back