April 2016 Tank of the Month!!

Thank you all again.

To TempestGod: sure you can. I was start from reading and join many topics in RC forum to grow some necessary skills and many reefers' experience definitely help us reduce time and effort waste. ReefCentral is a great forum for reefing.

beautiful tank! two quick questions: are you running pure zeovit system? and the additives tank was custom made? and if so did you use glass or acrylic? thanks!

It's a fine tank, I guess. I mean, I would have gone with 26 chromis...

Kidding...Beautiful tank!

p.s. - I do love how no one makes a peep about "bioload" or anything like that. A newbie who wants to stick 36 fish in tank like would get crushed. BLUE TANG IN A 4 FOOT TANK!!!!!

great tank!!! do you have a blue tang AND a powder blue tang? Saw them in the pictures but only 1 in the list, same thing with the hawkfish in the pictures (not in the list).

Thanks.

It's a fine tank, I guess. I mean, I would have gone with 26 chromis...

Kidding...Beautiful tank!

p.s. - I do love how no one makes a peep about "bioload" or anything like that. A newbie who wants to stick 36 fish in tank like would get crushed. BLUE TANG IN A 4 FOOT TANK!!!!!

I think many SPS tanks have more bioload then mine. Technically, my tank size is more like a 6 foot tank since it is 3 foot wide, instead of 2 foot wide normally.

great tank!!! do you have a blue tang AND a powder blue tang? Saw them in the pictures but only 1 in the list, same thing with the hawkfish in the pictures (not in the list).

You are right, I think I copy my fish list directly when I posted in Sept 2015 since not aware fish dead, but forget new fish in.... and I do have two hawkfish and powder blue tang after Sept. 2015.... My mistake.

Beautiful tank. Well deserved TOTM. I read the write up over and over. Couldn't find your lighting schedule. Would you mind sharing how long you run your T5's and LEDs. And par values?

Beautiful tank. Well deserved TOTM. I read the write up over and over. Couldn't find your lighting schedule. Would you mind sharing how long you run your T5's and LEDs. And par values?

Sorry. My T5 combination is all ATI tubes and they are B+......C+......ABS......B+......LED.....A.........B+.......C+......B+

T5 light up 30% at 2 pm gradually to 100% from 5 pm to 11:30 pm, then gradually turn down at 12:00 am.

My new Kessil LED only turn on 70% from 8:pm to 11:00 pm, but for Kessil, I am not sure it is the best light schedule yet.

I don't have par measurement after adding Kesil, but there are some par readings when the tank set for about one month. Hope it help.

16524700076_e82821f4b9_o.jpg

16523019736_b5f0a5b7bc_o.jpg

Tank looks beautiful. Any feedback on the KHG lab3 automated alkalinity monitoring device? I'm very interested in the unit. Do you have any more information on its release, price point, etc.?

Awesome tank!
When out of town for a week or more, how do you deal with the foam pad mechanical filtration? I have a 180 gallon with 2 filter socks that I need to change every 5 days to keep them from overflowing when they reach their capacity. Do you have that problem with the foam pad?

Back