Aquaculture software

Hmmm. I have a food list (which can be customized) which says manufacturer, but I did not come up with a way to say something like "mysis" and then pick a brabnd.

I figured more people would have preferences (like PE mysis), but those that don't can leave the manufacturer field blank and just have generic mysis. Or, folks that want to keep track by brand can specify multiple records for mysis.

It's smaller, and I have heard very good things about the quality. I have Jehmco mysis, which is big but seems to be very high quality.

The PE mysis at my LFS is huge, and you have to buy a large quantity. That's why i ask. How can they make it better than it is....

You should see the block from Jehmco! Someone got a portion of a block from someone else, then chiselled me off a block of that, and I think I have like 2 pounds!

From their web site:
* It's a freshwater Mysis (Mysis relicta). This eliminates the possibility of parasite or disease transfer to marine fish. Also, it has been lab tested for all of the primary disease that can occur in shrimp species and shown negative results (documentation available).
* As fish don't need to eliminate excess salt, it's easier on their systems. Most other brands offer a coastal, or marine cousin of Mysis relicta.
* PE MYSIS are alive on harvest (due to our unique system).
* That's why PE MYSIS is clean and intact
* It is immediately flash frozen in this premium condition.
* There are no binding agents, fillers or water added
* PE MYSIS is nutritionally complete. It does not require the addition of vitamin or color enhancement products.

I was in correct, they offer different sizes of mysis. The smaller size is about half the size of the mysis I usually see. (They also have small packages; I guess your LFS doesn't carry that size.)

You can buy it online (from Stephen above, among other places) or they have a retailer finder on their web site:
http://www.mysis.com/index1.html

If you can find it local you are better off. Shipping is expensive.
I didn't intend to make this into a Mysis thread... :D

Thank you for making a brand available, that was what I was hoping for...

Thanx!!

Back