Aquaforest products- Component 1+2+3+

I have a question regarding Component 123 - I'm using it and also with Zeo Mix / Carbon / Phosphate Minus in one reactor for nutrient control. Just wondering if the Zeo Mix will deplete the trace element from the dosing of Component 123?

And the sequence: Component 123 is dosed behind the Zeo/Carbon/Phosphate Minus reactor and directly pumped into the display tank by the main pump.

Had an interesting conversation today regarding 123. Are we supposed to dose per our dkh consumption or per water volume?

Hello,
It should be dosing of course based on KH consumption.

Hello, Looking to start dosing Components and was wondering whats the shelf life of the products if they haven't been opened? Reason asking is i want to buy a few bottles of each to have as backups.

It could be used within few years....:)

I have a question regarding Component 123 - I'm using it and also with Zeo Mix / Carbon / Phosphate Minus in one reactor for nutrient control. Just wondering if the Zeo Mix will deplete the trace element from the dosing of Component 123?

And the sequence: Component 123 is dosed behind the Zeo/Carbon/Phosphate Minus reactor and directly pumped into the display tank by the main pump.

Zeo Mix could adsorb excess of trace elements but the main role is to adsorb ammonia and cut nitrifying process and don't let NO3 rise.

In our group we are supporting Aquaforest users and we have live chats with experts. Yesterday we spoke about Zeo Mix:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1490485151247025/permalink/1817816118513925/

Regards,
Aquaforest

Hello,

Zeo Mix could adsorb excess of trace elements but the main role is to adsorb ammonia and cut nitrifying process and don't let NO3 rise.

In our group we are supporting Aquaforest users and we have live chats with experts. Yesterday we spoke about Zeo Mix:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1490485151247025/permalink/1817816118513925/

Regards,
Aquaforest

Thanks for your prompt reply. :thumbsup: So this means Zeo Mix won't really deplete trace elements. How about carbon? Why I'm asking is because though my tank parameters are stable with the current volume of dosing, but at the pretty low range, esp. Alk. I'm thinking of pushing them up slowly with increasing the dosing but concerned about the affects from Zeo Mix and Carbon.

Alk: 6.2
Ca: 420
Mg: 1290
K: 380

BTW, I remember I ever asked a similar question on AF Facebook but seems no response. :sad2:

So like the original method. When using 1,2 and 3 in equal parts for example 50ml of each for a total of 150ml. Do you need to the remove 150ml of tank water to keep the salinity in check?

As above I don't understand why you don't have to remove the same amount of tank water as you dose.
otherwise sodium chloride and mineral salts build up?
original balling method you remove tank water this makes sense to me unless I am missing something?
Many thanks justin

Hi, I am a fairly new reefer using Aquaforest Component 1+2+3+ and Aquaforest reef salt. My tank is now 8 months old and currently has 8 fish, 5 snails, 1 coral banded shrimp and 5 corals, mainly leathers and Zooanthids. Tank is 244L total including sump. My dosing demands are currently quite low and from month 2 I stabilised dosing all components at 8 ml/day. That kept Alk around 10 dKh, Ca around 450 and Mg around 1450 ppm.

In the last 3 months I stocked up the fish (prior to that just 3). This with some overfeeding led to some GHA, and Phosphates rising to 0.24 ppm. They are now back to 0.04 ppm and I am targeting 0.02 ppm. GHA is receding.

My question is the dosing. In the last month Mg rose to 1600 and Ca to 500 ppm. Alk however dropped to 7 dKh. In response I have dropped my component 1+ and 3+ to 6 ml, and increased my 2+ to 10 ml 2 weeks ago. That has dropped Mg to 1440 and Ca to 460 ppm as tested last week. Alk stayed 7 so I increased that to 12 ml last week. I will test again this weekend.

I am hoping the low Alk is due to the water quality issues, and with time and regular WCs will stabilise. I aiming for a target of around 8-9 at this time but will of course monitor the tank and that may change. My Ca target is ~420 and Mg ~1400.

Aquaforest recommend dosing all components the same, which I obviously have not done, so I would like to hear anyone’s thoughts on this.

My mag has always been high. I dose alk and cal now for a half year and my mag has never dropped. Its around 1500 with cal at 450 amd alk at 8.4. Not sure why
Hi, I am a fairly new reefer using Aquaforest Component 1+2+3+ and Aquaforest reef salt. My tank is now 8 months old and currently has 8 fish, 5 snails, 1 coral banded shrimp and 5 corals, mainly leathers and Zooanthids. Tank is 244L total including sump. My dosing demands are currently quite low and from month 2 I stabilised dosing all components at 8 ml/day. That kept Alk around 10 dKh, Ca around 450 and Mg around 1450 ppm.

In the last 3 months I stocked up the fish (prior to that just 3). This with some overfeeding led to some GHA, and Phosphates rising to 0.24 ppm. They are now back to 0.04 ppm and I am targeting 0.02 ppm. GHA is receding.

My question is the dosing. In the last month Mg rose to 1600 and Ca to 500 ppm. Alk however dropped to 7 dKh. In response I have dropped my component 1+ and 3+ to 6 ml, and increased my 2+ to 10 ml 2 weeks ago. That has dropped Mg to 1440 and Ca to 460 ppm as tested last week. Alk stayed 7 so I increased that to 12 ml last week. I will test again this weekend.

I am hoping the low Alk is due to the water quality issues, and with time and regular WCs will stabilise. I aiming for a target of around 8-9 at this time but will of course monitor the tank and that may change. My Ca target is ~420 and Mg ~1400.

Aquaforest recommend dosing all components the same, which I obviously have not done, so I would like to hear anyone's thoughts on this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have a quick question I hope, I recently migrated form Triton Core 7 dosing to the Component 1+, 2+, 3+. I'm a bit shocked at the levels I'm dosing. I have a 180 Gallon tank with a 7 - 8 rather small SPS and a couple of LPS. My rock is extremely well covered in Coraline Algae. I'm dosing today at 200ml per component and my dKH is just barely at 8. Under Triton I typically held my dKH at 9.

My concern is 200ml daily seems like a great deal of components to dose per day. Any thoughts or comments on this level int his tank? I know it's extremely hard to know what my tanks demand would be but under triton, my daily dosing averaged about 40ml per component.

I have a quick question I hope, I recently migrated form Triton Core 7 dosing to the Component 1+, 2+, 3+. I'm a bit shocked at the levels I'm dosing. I have a 180 Gallon tank with a 7 - 8 rather small SPS and a couple of LPS. My rock is extremely well covered in Coraline Algae. I'm dosing today at 200ml per component and my dKH is just barely at 8. Under Triton I typically held my dKH at 9.

My concern is 200ml daily seems like a great deal of components to dose per day. Any thoughts or comments on this level int his tank? I know it's extremely hard to know what my tanks demand would be but under triton, my daily dosing averaged about 40ml per component.

Hello,
Do you know your daily consumption of KH and Ca?
For 7-8 small SPS consumption is really high.

Back