Aquarium Webcam Site?

Dunshster

I was tossing around the idea of designing a website for my tank, I was planning on getting a few underwater webcams and having live feeds from various locations inside the my 120g reef tank. Just wondering if this would interest anyone, I don't really have any idea if anyone would even come to the site and/or watch so I figured id see what everyone here thought of the idea. The tank is recently cycled so its a work in progress, new fish and everything else will be added frequently so it would be constantly changing.

Yes, definitely. There are webcams out there on some pretty cool tanks but no underwater cams that I've found. Sounds like a great idea. Keep us posted. :)

I'd look :) I tried setting up a web cam on mine, but the tank is to bright for the model I have :(

Andy

I was thinking the same thing............would love to see my tank during the day, but would also be interested in seeing live feeds of other tanks.

Think about how this would change this hobby. Pretty big impact........

I'm debating setting up a network cam so I can see what my pets (and fish tank) are doing throughout the day while I'm at work. I found one that zooms in 21x and rotates 355 degrees.

It would be awesome to see some underwater cams! Keep us posted if you do it!

I have decided to go through with this, Now i just need to find a coder to design the site, and buy a few cams and an extra pc to put with the sump :)

I am currently looking into underwater cameras that aren't a zillion dollars but are quality enough to do the job.

If you need any assistance with computers..........that is my specialty. I also know some coders but need to get them interested without looking for a lot of $$$ up front.

Stay tuned..........this sounds like a great project and I will help out any way I can.

Well I finished building my 1st underwater webcam, now i just have to wait for the silicone to set so I can test it out

Basically I just bought a regular old web cam from best buy, I then took it apart and pulled all of the guts out. I then took a small black project box i got at best buy and cut a window out, I then cut a square piece of clear plastic from the web cam packaging and silicone'd it over the window. I also cut a small hole in the bottom of the box for the web cam chord. After it was sealed I put the camera guts inside the box, and silicone'd it all shut. I did realize I made a mistake now that its done and in the water, I should had added some weight, mine really wants to float so I had to put a rock over it. I added a few pictures to the bottom, If anyone wants to see how it looks from inside the tank I can show you the cam over MSN at bo-green@hotmail.com

DSCF1417.JPG

DSCF1418.JPG

DSCF1419.JPG

I just purchased a underwater cam from an eBay (Panvigor) to test out. Search for UNDERWATER Video Camera. Popular.Color.12pcs Led Light! and it will pop up.

Should be interesting..........

Back