Are these stock tanks reef safe ?

These are the ones I was talking about in the other thread. Not the ones Roger mentioned being fiberglass like Coral Corral uses but I see a lot of things behind the scenes in the industry and these as well as the blue fiberglass are very common.
They are meant for feed or keeping livestock in so they should be about as safe as you can make them for our use. At least they should not leach chemicals.

Yes you can drill them and they have a bulkhead/hole in the side near the bottom.

These are the ones I was talking about in the other thread. Not the ones Roger mentioned being fiberglass like Coral Corral uses but I see a lot of things behind the scenes in the industry and these as well as the blue fiberglass are very common.
They are meant for feed or keeping livestock in so they should be about as safe as you can make them for our use. At least they should not leach chemicals.

Yes you can drill them and they have a bulkhead/hole in the side near the bottom.

Great, thanks Rob

Here's one I'm using as a sump for a 200 gallon reef at one of my jobs. I read a bit about these before choosing it and the #1 thing everyone says to do is drill out the bulkhead that is already in it and put your own in. Apparently, the bulkheads that come with the tanks have a limited life expectancy. So, yes they can be drilled. I have a 2" pipe exiting the bottom to the pump and a number of 1/2-3/4" pipes drilled through for the upper edge for accessories.

Here's one I'm using as a sump for a 200 gallon reef at one of my jobs. I read a bit about these before choosing it and the #1 thing everyone says to do is drill out the bulkhead that is already in it and put your own in. Apparently, the bulkheads that come with the tanks have a limited life expectancy. So, yes they can be drilled. I have a 2" pipe exiting the bottom to the pump and a number of 1/2-3/4" pipes drilled through for the upper edge for accessories.

Thanks, Will do

Back