Asm g4 vs Reef Octopus classic 200 skimmer

LuchoTocado

I have an ASM g4 skimmer in my 150 gal aquarium. It is about 6 years old and the pump died on me. I was wondering if it would be better to spend $100 on the sedra 5000 pump or if you guys think the asm skimmer isnt worth it anymore and instead I should buy a brand new RO Classic 200 skimmer for $300.

Thanks in advance

Most all of the ASM skimmers are solid performers. Not the most efficient but they do get the job done quite well.
6 years is a long time and if your pleased with the performance and better yet if your tank has looked good why change?

Well the thing is that i havent had it for 6 years. I bought it used. I do like the skimmer but since i have nothing to compare it to, im not sure if it is hreat or not, and i heard that octopus was awesome. I migt just end up buying the sedra though, thanks for the response

Lucho, I think that I've used every model except the largest of the ASM skimmers. I only liked using them when they were recirc modded. I only mesh modified one but can't remember the air pull after modifying. I actually still have one that will be going into use soon. In my opinion, recirc mod it or move to another skimmer to "test the waters" as they say.

Back