ATI going out of business?

RParker

I have been waiting a long time to get my BM250 from an on-line dealer and he told me ATI was going out of business and that's why it has taken so long to try and get me my skimmer.

Are they going out of business?

Thanks

I'm going to guess this was a BS story from my supplier to by some time as I can't find one on single thread or post on the internet about them going out of business.

They are always going out of business...lol. No seriously, I dont think the rumors are true, just that ATI has gone under a couple times before, so it wouldnt exactly be a huge shock.

I was saying this as a warning a while back when ATI first came t the US... that they could go under again and then everyone with one of their skimmers would have no more warranty/service/etc. Take it for what its worth though... out of business, or prone to, it means buying something from them could leave you out in the cold later on.

dito what hahn said. Get your money refunded and move on to another brand. Too many good ones out there to be taking a chance on a ATI.

Chad

Well, I KNOW ATI isnt going anywhere because they are participating in the T5 reflector comparison tests I am doing. Oliver has agreed to prepare a 2x54watt sample of the reflectors from the ATI powermodul... and maybe I can convince him to let me test the sunpower's reflectors as well.

Let me clear something up though clownnrnd... I shouldnt have been so loose with my words before. I dont think ATI users should have anything to worry about now. True, I wouldnt be 'shocked' if ATI went under 'again'... not like if say... Aqua Medic or Korallen Zucht did... but I believe that this time around, ATI is on more stable ground.

I agree time to find a new online dealer.
I have a feeling i know who it is.
ATI isnt going anywhere. IMO They have a few products they are getting ready to release and moving to a bigger wharehouse.
Lots of skimmers/lights still being sold, Not includung a ton of bulbs. :)

Last edited:
Well the reason I keep trying to get it through this particular dealer is because of the deal I got, but then it's not much of deal if I never get it.

If I were to get my money back and go to a different skimmer what would be comparable in rating and size. I need a skimmer that's on the smaller side to fit in my stand. (in sump) This is for a 265 heavily stocked.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11641752#post11641752 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by USC-fan
At least once a month a thread like this is posted about ATI,

I'm surprised Oliver has not responded to this, like he always does when this question come up every month!!!!

RParker, I was to receive a BM250 from likely the same dealer. I was told the same stories. I picked up a Bubble King Mini and it fit nicely into my stand. It should fit for you - or you could try ordering a BM 250 from another retailer.

Back