ATO container and RODI container

ninersrule1

So I am looking for an ATO container for my 20 g cube. Not a ton of space inside the stand so needs to be tall and slim.

Don't want to spend $150 for an ato.

What are you guys using? I do have an ATO system so want something with lid to minimize evaporation.

Is a 10g waste baskets with lid the cheapest option?

Also need a 10 gall container for my RODI system. Again need a lid and be able to drill it for the auto shut off float valve. It's located inside a cabinet in the laundry room but have decent space maybe 25x20x15.

Looking for inexpensive options if possible.

Thanks in advance

I use a pet food container. They're cheap and safe. Get them from local petco or Amazon.

I drill the lid and put in a couple of rubber grommets for the water lines.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I would not use a 10 ATO container for a 20 gallon tank. ATOs do fail and if it pumped 10 gallons of fresh water into you tank it would kill everything, not to mention flooding your place.
I am talking from experience. I have a 10 gallon ATO on my 300 gallon. When I relied on my Apex to control my ATO it stayed in and empted the container. It was no big deal as I had enough volume in the sump and the salinity change was not that much. 10 gallons is good for a week most of the time on my system.
I would get a container that will hold what you need for 2 weeks and fill it with a week's worth most of the time. Only put more in for testing and vacation once you know your ATO is working properly.

I would not use a 10 ATO container for a 20 gallon tank. ATOs do fail and if it pumped 10 gallons of fresh water into you tank it would kill everything, not to mention flooding your place.
I am talking from experience. I have a 10 gallon ATO on my 300 gallon. When I relied on my Apex to control my ATO it stayed in and empted the container. It was no big deal as I had enough volume in the sump and the salinity change was not that much. 10 gallons is good for a week most of the time on my system.
I would get a container that will hold what you need for 2 weeks and fill it with a week's worth most of the time. Only put more in for testing and vacation once you know your ATO is working properly.

Good point. The 10 gal was more for my RODI making storage . Currently using 5 gallon for ATO.

My ATO has fail safe sensor to prevent overfil and I also plan to use my apex to limit time on for ato so I'd configure it to turn on a few times per day for 3-5 seconds at a time to also help prevent with flooding.

Brute slim jim or pet food container. If using apex to control the ATO, there are multiple failsafes you can program in.

Back