ATO container suggestions???

I was having a similar problem. I finally settled on a Dog Food container from Petsmart. It was more expensive than the typical plastic tote, but it was tall and skinny. My opening was a little over 7 inches wide and slid right in. As an added bonus it is "food grade" which makes me feel a lil bit better as well. Good luck!

I was having a similar problem. I finally settled on a Dog Food container from Petsmart. It was more expensive than the typical plastic tote, but it was tall and skinny. My opening was a little over 7 inches wide and slid right in. As an added bonus it is "food grade" which makes me feel a lil bit better as well. Good luck!

that might work out nice, I'll have to check into one of those.

I use a 10 gallon tank I got on PetCo's dollar per gallon sale. I cut a piece of acrylic to fit right in the top (prevents evaporation), drilled it for tubes and it works great.

Lets see if we can get JP to show a picture of his. If you're going to have one made his is a great example/

hm, i may need to grab a lookdown box from him, it does look like nice work. Will also need to keep in mind his ATO setups as I plan on setting one up soon.

tcamos, only problem with a 10g tank or anything liek that is Im in the same boat as vanilla and only have a 6-8" gap to fit the res in next to the sump.

How bout this style pack? Designed for compact off-road storage of fuel and water.

http://rotopax.com/3-Gallon-Packs/

Red for fuel, white for water. The 3 gallon is 4.5". Don't know how big the lid opening is on this one. The full size containers have an opening that would be plenty big enough, so maybe this one does, or maybe it could be enlarged. Depending on how convenient it would be to fill, you could even put a quick disconnect inline in the pump output so that you could unhook the line, unplug the pump, and have a nice carry handle to carry this to your ro storage to fill it up. I think Toyota has their own versions that they offer for off-road accessories as well.

How bout this style pack? Designed for compact off-road storage of fuel and water.

http://rotopax.com/3-Gallon-Packs/

Red for fuel, white for water. The 3 gallon is 4.5". Don't know how big the lid opening is on this one. The full size containers have an opening that would be plenty big enough, so maybe this one does, or maybe it could be enlarged. Depending on how convenient it would be to fill, you could even put a quick disconnect inline in the pump output so that you could unhook the line, unplug the pump, and have a nice carry handle to carry this to your ro storage to fill it up. I think Toyota has their own versions that they offer for off-road accessories as well.
Nice!

ATO container

ATO container

I have one I had made awhile back until I bought a avast marine top off which pumps from my storage tank. It measures 5 1/2 wide by 16 tall by 16 high. Have small pan world pump and plumbing. Pm me if you are interested.

How much volume are you wanting? Have you looked at those Rubbermaid cereal containers? Or something similar?

How much volume are you wanting? Have you looked at those Rubbermaid cereal containers? Or something similar?

I would like to get a few gallons. I'm leaning towards one of those food grade dog food containers. They seem to be the best bang for the buck.

Check out US Plastics. They might have something you are looking for. They have lots of different food grade containers

my ATO

my ATO

I wanted something nice looking so i went with one of these. They also do custom sizes. The stock one is around 9.5 gallons.

http://www.synergyreef.com/

Attachments

• WP_20140521_18_31_15_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140521_18_31_15_Pro.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 0
  • WP_20140521_18_46_09_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140521_18_46_09_Pro.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0
  • WP_20140521_19_09_45_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140521_19_09_45_Pro.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 0
Back