ATO

JeannineC

I am looking to get an ATO for my 85 gallon. I've always manually topped off twice a day, and done fine with that, but would like to get one set up so it will be taken care of if I go out of town. (I used to have my tank at my office and had staff that took care of it in my absence). Anyway, I am looking at the tunze and the duetto 2. I know people really praise the tunze and can't find much in the way of reviews on the duetto 2. I like that both setups have two different sensor mechanisms in case the first one fails. Any suggestions?

I've never used an ATO to be honest. I have a 20 gallon Brute trashcan I keep filled with RO/DI water that is connected to a float valve in the sump. Been running that for years with (knock on wood) no issues.

I recommend duetto 2. I am using its old version duetto for over 1 year and really great and reliable.
As I know Duetto 2 is with upgrade sensor, thinking it might be better than old one. (it should be, lol)
Most important, it is cheaper than Tunze...:LOL:

I actually got the duetto 2 about a month ago. Haven't had any trouble and it was easy to set up. Very pleased so far! And yes, it was cheaper!😂

I used one of these before Hydros.
Just about any configuration you want. Use any pump you want. I used a Maxijet 1200. $36 You have to clean the magnetic switches every few months.
There are several options plus they have some nice parts to make things for aquariums if you DIY stuff.
AutoTopoff.com
D_combined_resize.jpg

I just bought a Kamoer One 2 SE. My Apex has gone out for the third time in less than 2 years so I’m just going to replace the entire system.

I have the Kamoer One SE on my wife’s tank and it’s run flawlessly

I am looking to get an ATO for my 85 gallon. I've always manually topped off twice a day, and done fine with that, but would like to get one set up so it will be taken care of if I go out of town. (I used to have my tank at my office and had staff that took care of it in my absence). Anyway, I am looking at the tunze and the duetto 2. I know people really praise the tunze and can't find much in the way of reviews on the duetto 2. I like that both setups have two different sensor mechanisms in case the first one fails. Any suggestions?
I've used them all, they all failed, even the name brand ones. This $60 or less one on Amazom works fantastic. Have had it 1.5 yrs. Never fails.
1688826243217.png

Back