Auto top off noise

faze07hd

So i have this auto top off.

http://www.autotopoff.com/

I bought it used and everytime its in use, it makes a 1 or 2 second buzzing sound. Is this normal? and if not, how can i fix that?

I hope its not on its way out.

Its very loud and more annoying than anything.

Can you isolate the component that the sound is coming from? I don't know anything about your system but if I had to guess I'd say that you're hearing some chatter from the solenoid.

Clean the pump and try it again, make sure it it assembled properly as well. You can also replace the pump with a cheap maxi jet. I use the maxi jet 400 on my ATO.

It's the float switches that buzz? I have had a dual ATO from them for 5 years now and it works flawlessly. I hear a "click" for a nano second when it kicks on but nothing even remotely close to a "buzz"

Sounds like it is not working correctly. I also have a dual unit from them and it is just a single click. Perhaps the relay is not working right.

I would contact them with the information and see what they say.

Going on five years and never had a problem...In fact this is the first time I have heard anyone have a problem with one from autotopoff.com

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14784272#post14784272 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KayHouse
I was debating wether to buy one of these or not for in-tank. do they work well?

Need to verify whether it's the relay of the actual float. Should be easy to tell. just take the float out of the sump & operate by hand.

If it's the float, replacements are only about $5.00 plus shipping. If it's the relay, I believe it's a standard relay that Radio Shack may carry for only a few dollars.

well if i do it by hand it doesnt make the buzz. i think becuase i would be pressing it down too quickly and when i release it, the float float goes up too quickly. ill try doing it slower later on.

Back