Avast Marine

nomorenames

Does anybody run a Avast Marine reactor trying to decide what to run bio pellets with also thinking about the skimmer cleaner they have

I have a few of their reactors. I have two of the mr5s I run 2 cups of carbon in one and 1 1/3 cups of Phosguard in the other. I also have their Kalk reactor. I have their swabbie neck cleaner and I am super impressed with the performance of all of them.

I am ordering a couple more larger reactors for my new build soon. For matrix.

Oh. All of my reactors were the you build kits. They are rediculiously easy to put together. Literally all of the skills needed were taught in elementary school.

I run bio pellets out of their BP reactor. I actually had to modify it a bit as the holes at the bottom of the intake pipe are very small. They were constantly getting clogged, causing reduced flow and stagnant areas inside the reactor.

This in turn caused Hydrogen sulfide gas to build up which can nuke your tank. Luckily I noticed the build up before it could off gas.

When you look at the bottom of the cone piece that goes on the end of intake tube on the Avast pellet reactor it looks like there are a lot of holes in the bottom but really only a few are actually open. I'm going to dry maybe drilling a few more holes in the bottom to see if I can open up some more flow so detritus doesn't get built up.

I have 2 of there skimmer neck cleaners. They r great. Wouldn't run a skimmer with out one ever again. Add skimmate collector and now I clean my skimmer once a month or less and it always works at peek performance

I don't use their media reactors (yet). But I do have their DIY Calcium Reactor, DIY Kalk Stirrer, DIY Swabbie (neck cleaner), and just ordered their peristaltic pump. All top notch products. Can't go wrong.

i know i have been looking for a smaller kalk reactor than what is currently available - after seeing the DIY kits I am thinking it will be easy to cut down the cylinder and the stirrer shaft, and put the motor on a timed outlet. will def be ordering one of these kits.

Impressive... most impessive!

7a9bacdc2029f7144ecd04f7e1eaf19e.jpg

Back