Baby Clowns

Here's one; I might be able to dig up some photos of newly-hatched if that is what you wanted to see.

33076PL_Clowns-med.jpg

Matt

wooow...that is so small...I have a black and white clown pair but they are just juvenilles right now. I hope i can breed them when they get older. What do you feed them? Wheres a good place to find info on breeding clowns? Thanks

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10437202#post10437202 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ZooZ
wooow...that is so small...I have a black and white clown pair but they are just juvenilles right now. I hope i can breed them when they get older.

fwiw, I've read that the b&w varient of occellaris (if that's what you have) can take alittle longer to getting around to spawning than many other species. Up to 3 years is what I've read. I'm still waiting on my b&w pair to get with the program as well.

My black and white ocellaris pairs started spawning at 1.5 - 2 years of age. I don't know if anyone has established longevity for these, but it's probably similar to regular ocellaris. I have several pairs that are going on 16 years now, and still spawning. There are numreous reports of 20+ years. In about a month I should have an article complete about conditioning these and larval rearing, complete with lot's of pics.

Back